good news (mostly not illness related)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by AuntTammie, Jun 12, 2009.

1. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

I know this is not related to being sick, except for a tiny bit I mention at the end, but I had to share, bc many of you have become friends to me, and because I so seldom have good news anymore....

Today my third niece was born. In and of itself, that is awesome, but considering how incredibly risky and rough this pregnancy has been, it is nothing short of a miracle and the answer to a lot of prayer. When my SIL had her first child, the baby almost died during childbirth and there were some complications with the pregnancy. When she had the second, there were more problems with the pregnancy, she almost died twice, and there was damage to her uterus. The Dr told her not to have anymore children, that it was way too risky.

Then she got pregnant again and from early on there were a lot of problems. By 5 months, she was preeclampsic and supposed to be on complete bed rest, but that wound up causing problems with her circulation, so she was just supposed to take it real easy, but not stay in bed. There were a bunch of other issues, too, but I won't go into all them to keep this from getting really long. Suffice it to say that I am incredibly happy that Eliana Faith (first name means God answers prayer) is here and she and my SIL are doing well. (Oh and my brother "got snipped", as he put it, so there won't be anymore unplanned - or planned - scary pregnancies to worry about in the future)

There is one way in which this does have something to do with CFS, though, and that is that I won't get to see the baby anytime soon, bc they are in Fl and I am in IL and since even getting out of my apt is almost impossible, FL isn't happening. That part is a big bummer, but I am trying to focus on the happy parts rt now.
  2. frickly

frickly New Member

Thats awsome news. My mom lives in germany and I am in the US. We use a computer camera and skype to call each other. We can see each other and the long distance call is free.
  3. sweetbeatlvr

sweetbeatlvr New Member

on your new niece. so glad, she and and your SIL are ok.<3
  4. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

thanks for the responses & for sharing in my joy : ) .....my parents have skype, so I have used it at their house in the past, but even getting there is out of the question lately, so I think I am going to have to get skype on my computer, too.....I have never really been a computer person, but having this illness has made me EXTREMELY grateful for computers
  5. skeptik2

skeptik2 Member

That is a miraculous story, such a wonderful ending! "Just like in the movies", right?

What a wonderful name for her, just perfect under the circumstances.

What in the world is skype, LOL?

skeptik2
  6. skeptik2

skeptik2 Member

That is a miraculous story, such a wonderful ending! "Just like in the movies", right?

What a wonderful name for her, just perfect under the circumstances.

What in the world is skype, LOL?

skeptik2
  7. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

yeah, it is kinda like the movies : )

and skype is something that you can get for the computer that enables you to use the computer to talk to other people, almost as if they were in the room - you see them and hear what they are saying while they are saying it (you both have to have a computer camera thing with a microphone and then you download skype - it is free, I think)