Good news, my doc supports my SSDI claim

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lenasvn, Oct 12, 2006.

1. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

I asked my doc and Psychiatrist if they would support my claim for SSDI. I was called in by my internist right away, and there he told me he will support me! I was surprised, as some of you may know of my "battles" with him.

He want to send me to the Chronic Fatigue Clinic at UW Phys. in Seattle for a fool proof diagnosis. I am applying on grounds of PTSD though, but he said we need to run some more tests and send you to this clinic, or the SSA won't believe you.

I was so taken by the whole thing I started bawling for a second. I thought I was in this on my own, but I was wrong.

Just wanted to share the good news with you guys. No comes the real battle with the claim, but at least I got support from my treating physician.
    [This Message was Edited on 10/12/2006]
  2. fieldmouse

fieldmouse New Member

Great news!!~~hugs~~Mick!!
  3. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

check out disabilitysecrets.com for info...

important..

jodie
  4. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Thats good news Lena! Glad that they are showing more
    commitment to you! Good that you are getting started
    with the claim!

Hang in there!
    MRDAD
  5. Summit

Summit New Member

congratulations to you. I envy that you are able to go to the CF clinic. There is no cfs/fibro clinic anywhere near me, I have seen literature for them......and wish I could go. Do tell us how your visit there goes. Continued success to you!
  6. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

You guys are so sweet! Thank you all! I am going for the initial interview on the 18th. My counselor is also supporting me. She says there is no doubt I have complicated PTSD which would be grounds for disability allon it's own. My doc want to add my physical ill health though with a fool proof diagnosis if possible. That would be CFS he says. He is not an expert though and is weary of making the diagnosis on his own. Understandable.

I asked him about his accent- he is from Trinidad! Awww, love that!
  7. llama

llama New Member

Hi Lenasvn and all,

Great to hear your news, it's also a wake-up call for me to be more pro-active. I've always just faithfully recited my litany of symptoms, hoping that they will document them and then SSDI will see them.

But I guess, I should really just point blank ask them if they support my contention that I'm unable to work, and if they'll support my efforts to win my SSDI benefits. Hopefully, if they agree, their documentation may more boldly advocate my need for benefits.

Thanks for the Heads Up!................Jill............
  8. sisland

sisland New Member

I'm very Happy for you!! To Bad we have to suffer so long before someone finally realizes it's preventing us from leading a normal type of life!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,HUgs!!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Goodluck!
  9. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

It won't be so hard for a doc to support you if you ask if they will support you through the next 18 or so months in your dis. claim. This way they don't feel that you are applying for a permanent disability and will be more willing to support you.