GOOD NEWS...MY LTD WAS APPROVED

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Carlacat, Mar 3, 2003.

1. Carlacat

Carlacat New Member

I got four checks today in the mail. I was so surprised cause I figured I'd get a letter first saying I was approved. My prayers were answered!!!! Thanks to my employer who was behind me 100%, I think this really helps. Sorry for rambling but I'm just so happy. Now I dont have to worry about where the next meal is gonna come from. We were getting so desparate that it was between selling our home or our vehicle. Now if my SSDI comes thru..there will be no more worries. I dont want to be greedy here but we all deserve what we have paid into. I hope everyone else's comes thru also.
    Carlacat
  2. teach6

teach6 New Member

That's great news. I don't know what I would have done for the past 17 months without my STD and LTD. It has been wonderful as I also await approval of SSDI.

Barbara
  3. griswoldgirl

griswoldgirl New Member

I had to appeal my STD and am still fighting from September-uggggggggggg! I am glad that someone is winning!

Good luck with SSDI

cathy
  4. kckitty

kckitty New Member

I got turned down from Metlife last year for my short term and long term. They were the biggest liars and cheats. I had to ge a lawyer so I could go thru the courts. thats taking forever probably because my lawyer isnt going to make that much $$ off me. I did get a lawyer before I filed for SS disability. I downloaded a form that is pretty much what they eventuallty send you but a bit different. the lawyer looked at it first then made some changes. I didnt know that for the SS they look at the psychiatric part of it instead of the fibro symptoms, etc. Metlife was just the opposite. SO I am glad I had the lawyer look at it-I just faxed it over to him this am and will mail it-they said to expect it to take 100 days. I am cutting it so close financially like you- I am glad for you!
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Every individual victory here is a victory for all of us and we are all very happy for you.

Love, Mikie
  6. Betsy2

Betsy2 New Member

COngratulations! It is good to know that there are still some employers that employees can depend on. My employer totally ditched me on STD and LTD. However, I did get SSD after living for 8 months on credit cards. I should take them to court but I don't think I could handle the stress.

Betsy2
  7. Carlacat

Carlacat New Member

For the ones who have gotton theirLTD..Do they send ya something letting ya know what they approved ya on?
    Carlacat
  8. pam_d

pam_d New Member

I am so happy for you!! What a treat to have had a supportive employer, so many here have such an oppsite situation. Now we will be all pulling for you for the SSDI.....

You can "happily ramble" anytime, I think we are all just as happy for you!!

Hugs,
    Pam
  9. imalive

imalive New Member

Please tell me what ltd is
    Every thing I applied for told me I had to sell my house. Pluss you said employer was behind you does that meen you get to work? I have a cheasy job and the boss is willing to work with me nomader the restrictions and nothing will help me because of that. and its not even workmans comp.
  10. Carlacat

Carlacat New Member

LTD was thru my employer. They paid the premiums, it was all in the benefit package (thank goodness). Also I think reg insurance companys sell this ins. You should check with your company to see if they have disability ins. No I'm not working now, what I meant by my employer being behind me is they called the ins co many times to get this to go thru. I think pressure from the employer does make a difference cause the employer is the one making the premiums on it, thats why they have it..for their employees.
    Carlacat
  11. imalive

imalive New Member

thank you for clearing that up
    Yes my job does have disability insurance I have to be not working for six months and then its a small persentage of what I was making. which will help slightly but for the last 2yrs I've only been part time because of all this so it still won't be enough
    thank you again
    imalive
  12. AnnetClo

AnnetClo New Member

I'm so glad that we're getting some good news! Congratulations! I sure wish our company had disability insurance. Never thought that it would be important before this DD.

Hugs
    Annette