Good News On My Daughter--Thanks For The Prayers

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mikie, Feb 28, 2006.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

The second ultrasound definitely showed that the mass is a fibroid on the outside of the uterus. It has grown in the five months and my daughter wants it removed but now, she can have it done at her convenience. Also, it's not ovarian cancer.

Thank you all so very much for your prayers and kind wishes. God bless you.

Love, Mikie
  2. CinCA

CinCA New Member

And thanks for adding your prayers re: my request. SO glad your daughter will be okay!

C.
  3. elsa

elsa New Member

Prayers answered .... I am very happy to hear all will be well. Thanks for letting us know .....

Elsa
  4. skierchik

skierchik New Member

So glad to hear that it's a fibroid tumor and not something else!!

I had two surgically removed in 1992 at the age of 29. I know what she's going through. The pain was unreal before the surgery. I never knew when the stabbing pain was going to hit me.

After the surgery, I was fine and periods were somewhat intermittant, but that was "normal" for me. I did give up dairy afterwards though. It's mucuos forming & it aggravates and makes worse the endometrosis. She will feel so much better after it is out and things can flow more normally.

Keep us informed and glad to hear she's ok.

Hugs,

skierchik
  5. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

What a relief for you all! I'm so glad it turned out not to be too serious. Thank you for letting us know.

Take Care
    Kathy.
  6. pepper

pepper New Member

I am so happy to hear about your daughter's good news. You all must be so relieved!

Pepper
  7. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

for this post. I'm so happy that she is cancer free. It is regretful that she must have surgery but we will pray for a successful surgery also.
  8. windblade

windblade Active Member

WHat wonderful news. I am SO pleased and relieved!
    Blessings to your family.

Thanks for telling us right away!
  9. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Well-Known Member

I was just thinking about hard for you to go thru this, and knowing how difficult it is also for you to have to pick him up, and now I find this. God does answer prayer.
  10. tonakay

tonakay New Member

that's fantastic news!
  11. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Wonderful news- hallelujah! Terri
  12. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

The fibroid is on the outside, so surgery will be easier and the doc said these kind do not turn cancerous. The worst part of the surgery is risk of bleeding. I imagine she will donate a pint of her own blood before the surgery just in case.

She's been very tired and not sleeping well since the baby. She has a new doc who wants to run tests to rule out anthing else besides the FMS. He is very supportive. Her hormones are not right and her periods have been light instead of heavy as one would expect. She does have an ovarian cyst on the other ovary and I don't know whether they will remove it or not when they remove the fibroid.

In any case, this is all good news and she is getting excellent medical care. Her pregnancy was difficult as was the delivery. Andy was born over the 4th holiday weekend and she had to have the quack on call at the hosp. He let her tear and did such a bad job at repairing it that her own doc was tempted to redo it. He was horrified when he saw it.

The good news: Somehow, the horrible tearing and repair stopped the pain of her interstitial cystitis and vulvadynia. Her sister, who has had some medical training, believes that a nerve was severed in that area.

Sooooo, my friends, as you can see, this kid has been through the ringer for more than year. She is worn out. I hope getting this fibroid taken care of will help her to feel better. I am so grateful for her new doc too. Sounds as though he is getting things under control too. Andy is sleeping better all the time as he gets older and that is helping her. He has two teeth now and, thank God, the teething isn't making him fussy. He's such a happy little guy.

God bless you all for your caring and kindness.

Love, Mikie
  13. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Oh, I love good news! Blessing to all of you!

Sue
  14. ephemera

ephemera New Member

Mikie,
    So glad for the news. You & your daughter should celebrate by having a picnic in the park. Even if this is only in your minds' eye.

best thoughts
  15. MamaR

MamaR New Member

Thanking God for this!! I know one mother that sure has.....YOU!!!

Love............Mari