good news on my section 8 voucher

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by 69mach1, Sep 5, 2006.

1. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i got the call today saying they needed a copy of my award letter from ssdi..and they had one from cody...but i thought i gave her the info...i could imagine it got lost...she made copies come to think about it...anyways..maybe she left it on the copy machine..

she said she needed a copy of my driver's license...and that they could make copy on friday...she said i was one of the ones she is really pulling to get in her on friday morning at 9:30 am...if i can get her an award letter..

so i faxed it to her...i will bring driver's license...

i am so happy...i may need to move again...it all depends on the manager...and the paperwork...and if this place will pass inspection...the toilet bowl is cracked allover...the tiles in bath room floor is cracked...i had heard they must not have these cracks///and as far as heat in the bedrooms..there are non in there...just hallway..

i signed a 12 month lease in may...but if i need to move i will move out...

jodie
  2. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Well, that's good news! But if you decide you have to
    move, try not to make it too far from Cody's GF! Don't
    leave her a change of address. I sure that you can influ-
    ence that inspection in what direction you wish. At least
    now they would be forced to do repairs possibly!

Hope you are feeling better and things have settled down
    some what.

MRDAD P,S. I'll be up there tomorrow to pickup that $50
    loan (thanks) and the vacuum if you haven't
    lent it out to that dizzy lady again!
    [This Message was Edited on 09/05/2006]
  3. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

or the vaccuum. it is bad business to mix w/friends...

thank you mr. da.dad and mayline
  4. eeyoreblue02

eeyoreblue02 Member

As a Section 8 landlord, I can tell you that different inspectors want different things. They don't seem to see things eye to eye.

Section 8 does require heat. They also require simple things such as there must be a lock on each bedroom and bathroom door. If there are any steps there must be a rail. this includes outside.

They will probably make them replace the toilet, but not necessarily the cracked floor tiles. Windows cannot have cracks either.

If your landlord is willing to let your apartment go Section 8, he will have to get things up to par by a certain deadline.

I hope things work out for you

Linda.
  5. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Ya have to have a place with heat. I know from attending
    College up that way how cold it can get. I do have a
    plug in oil heat ( the one that looks like a steam radia-
    tor) works well when it heats up. How about a compromise
    on that loan. Five bucks but no vacuum??

"Talk" later,
    MRDAD
  6. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i thought there had to be heaters in the bedrooms but some how they take section 8 vouchers that started in 12/05...i have been trying to figure out how they got approved for section 8's if there is no heater in either bedroom....

and neither of the bedroom doors lock....

they are gas wall heaters in the hallway...i talked to one lady that is disabled here and she said her only source of heat is in the kitchen...

i can not bare the cold from all of my disabilities...

well i asked to fix the toilet once when i first moved in and the dumb maintenace guy said...well if it breaks..turne the water off..i can't turn at all...

i am in a 12 month lease ends 5/07...but i will move and do what i have to get my section voucher...dr note will get me out there if necessary.

jodie
  7. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Hope everything is soon straightened out, Jodie.

As for Mr. Dad and his incessant whining about the vacuum cleaner, just quote Shakespeare to him:

Neither a borrower nor a lender be, for loan oft loses both itself and friend. Verily, it sucks!
  8. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

he was giving me a jab because i lent out my vaccuum and some money still waiting for the money.lol lucky to see some of it i am sure of it..

she needs to prove me wrong..

i need to go to school. i already took cody to dr's and i am late on my class it started at 12 noon and it is about 1/2 hour drive there...then appt at 4:30..cody has ibs..and is way packed up so stool softners for him right now..

talk later

things are looking brighter..

jodie