good news -Silver hair is in - !!!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by victoria, Sep 20, 2010.

1. victoria

victoria New Member

They aalso called it platinum, but it's really silver imho, not the old platinum of the 50s-60s:

Going Gray has never looked this glamorous.

As we've been reporting here at StyleList, the once-shunned shade is downright chic these days, thanks to a slew of young women who are adding touches of gray to their tresses by choice.

First, it was 19-year-old British It girl Pixie Geldof, who was spotted out-and-about in London this winter rocking a bold gray crop. Then it was Daphne Guinness, who opened and closed the Spring 2010 Giles Deacon fashion show, where matte gray strands ran rampant.

The domino effect continued at Gareth Pugh's Spring 2010 show, where "premature" hair matched tonal gray clothes. At Thakoon's spring showcase, hair stylist Eva Scrivo intermixed strips of pale platinum and rich pewter for an unexpected twist.

Pixie Geldof dyed her locks silver gray in mid December 2009. Photo: Getty Images

And last week, Chanel Couture breathed new life into the trend, sending models marching down the runway looking anything but dowdy in shiny silver-streaked wigs-all while 13-year-old blogging sensation Tavi Gevinson looked on in a newly-dyed blue-gray 'do.

Frederic Fekkai master stylist Didier Malige -- who gave three models at Proenza Schouler's spring fashion show grayish blue, green and purple strands -- called the new silvery hues "fun and unique" and pointed to French model Marie Seznec, who at 26, was prematurely gray and served as the muse for Christian Lacroix in the 1980s.

LOL rest at above link....

2. victoria

victoria New Member

"the author of the book 'Going Gray,' Anne Kreamer, who at the age of 49 let her hair grow out to show her natural gray, tells StyleList that gray's new cult status is a positive thing: "I think it's fantastic. It opens up the opportunity for women of all ages to say, 'hey, if young women are embracing this, so can I,' and the less an issue hair color can be, the better."

'Kreamer, who created a profile on to research her book, says more men wanted to go out with her gray hair than without." (!)
  3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

the info, Victoria. I've always wanted to look
    like a l9 year old girl called Pixie.

4. lgp

lgp Well-Known Member

Your post made my day. You are too funny--thanks for posting my exact thought!!

5. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

You are, like, too kind. Ya know whata mean?

Anyhoo, I did my hair. I think it's more of a chrome than a platinum.
    Musta been that lemon rinse I applied.

Looked on the net for a chrome joke. Found this.

Guy goes to the dentist. "Well, Doc, my new chrome plate was working fine
    for a couple weeks. But now it's getting all tarnished and discolored.

Doc asks, "Any changes in your diet, meds, health?"

Guy says, "Well, my wife just learned how to make Hollandaise sauce. She's
    been serving it a lot lately."

"Well," says the doc. "That explains it. You know there's no place like chrome
    for the Hollandaise."

6. victoria

victoria New Member

Like, you think it will make us sound young too in a, like, sort of reverse osmosis way?
    I was just trying to make us all feel good, you know?
    Like, just saying?
    It's, like, not the worst thing that can, like, happen, you know?
    I think that's, like, true

My DH isn't sensitive about his hair at all... maybe because he doesn't have any... ?

7. lgp

lgp Well-Known Member

and I have a standing appointment every four weeks to get my roots filled. Nothing stands in the way of that appointment--LOL!!

Eventually, I hope to let it go and go all grey--just not yet. I think Jamie Lee Curtis and Paula Deen look pretty amazing with their grey hair though!!

And good luck with your hip surgery and I wish you a speedy recovery!!