Good News! Some Posts Have Been Restored!

Discussion in 'Homebound/Bedbound' started by gb66, Apr 30, 2014.

1. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

Good news, We have some of our posts restored that were recently deleted!

Look at the thread titled "Wildlife". Holly/Administrator was able to do this for us. Thank you so much Holly!

GB66
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2014
    windblade likes this.
  2. bct

bct Active Member

Thank you very much! I was losing patience with this board when I realized that a thread-starter would apparently delete all the posts by deleting their starting thread post.

Please, If you start a thread, don't delete it, just edit it, so you don't throw away other people's posts that they may have labored on.

Again thanks to admin.
    Barry
    windblade and TigerLilea like this.
  3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Hi Folks,

Glad to hear some posts were restored, GB. I wonder if some of the posters could be restored.
    I, for example, need a restoration; a make over; a refurbishing; and a body transplant. Also, have Igor fetch me a new brain.

Signed
    Falling Apart in the City of Fallen Angels
  4. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

I agree Rock. I would have pushed a restore button on myself years ago.

Also would like to have a mute button on some people, (When they won't stop picking on poor little me.) :)

Example: "You can't be in that much pain!", "You'd feel better if you got some exercise!" Blah, Blah, Blah, ... MUTE
    rockgor likes this.
  5. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Funny, you don't look sick.

My neighbor had that. She just took some vitamins. Made a new woman outta her.

But you'll never get well if you just lie around the house all day. Get up and exercise.

You know my aunt in Sheboygan? She met this wonderful hypnotist on the bus and
    he was able to fix her right up.

Rock
  6. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

Did you ever hear these? "If you'd just get your mind off of yourself and stop thinking about your illness!"

"Well, I feel tired too but sometimes you just have to push yourself!"

Rock, these are what we have to deal with over the years. Don't people realize that we've already tried all those things? No one wants to be ill and in pain for years on end.

What gets me is that there are those who believe that they are not as ill as we are because of what they did or didn't do. People get sick. Hello! :)
  7. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

Patti, Those are funny, or would be if they weren't so sad!

Once, when I tried to explain to my grown son that I just wasn't up to having company he remarked that even people who are terminally ill have their family over.

I guess he meant they had them over to say goodbye. Well, I should have told him to come on over and say goodbye I guess.
    Even though I don't plan to go for a long, long time. :)

I'll bet you thought of some things you'd like to say, but didn't when you got the hypochondriac comment. :)
  8. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

Patti,
    I think a lot of people may just be scared that this could happen to them. I can understand that. We all want to think that we have complete control of what happens to us.

I feel that if we do our best, we can safeguard ourselves and our loved ones up to a point, but not completely. We can watch our diets, take vitamins/supplements, exercise (if we're able), not indulge in harmful things, etc. but still, illness can hit you.

It would be like believing that we'd never be hurt in an accident as long as we wear a seat belt and drive carefully, etc. (Unless someone hits us, then we're in trouble.)

Most of us with CFS/FM are in the same situation. We don't know what it is, how we got it, why we have it, how to treat it, how to cure it. It would be wonderful if those in our lives would be supportive of us and realize that we're victims of a disease, but this isn't always the case.

I remember reading that polio and multiple scelrosis were once called "hysterical paralysis", before the causes were found. Imagine being paralyzed and your loved ones and doctors telling you it was your fault.

I tell you what, I'd be so grateful if I could just find a doctor that understood that I have CFS, even if he couldn't do anything about it.

I've never had that in all the years of the illness. It would give me some comfort. I know I'm not the only one without good medical support. But, we just have to keep going and dealing with things the way they are. I believe it will get better someday. GB
    Last edited: May 2, 2014
  9. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

Patti, I've had some very insensitive doctors over the years as well as some of the women at my dentist's office.

One doctor wanted me to take Paxil for CFS. I told him I had sensitivities to medications and he didn't believe me. He prescribed a 10mg dosage of it. I cut the pill into 8 pieces and took one little piece.

Had the worse drug reaction I've had. It lasted 36 hours. My right foot turned inward and I couldn't put it on the floor to walk it hurt so bad. I was so wound up I couldn't sit still and talking really fast. I didn't sleep for two days.

I told him about it and he just rolled his eyes and said "well, I have a 92 year old woman patient that takes it with no problem."
    What does that have to do with me? Duh!

I know what you mean about having more empathy for those who are ill and hurting. I think what we've been through makes us more sympathetic to those things in others. Maybe we can help others better because of it.

My husband used to try to defend the attitudes of my grown children about my being ill. They were very skeptical and uncaring at one time. He would say it's hard for them to "understand".

I would get really upset at this and told him that they don't have to "understand" CFS or FM, they just have to have respect for me and believe me when I tell them how ill I am. GB
  10. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

Patti, I think most of us can identify with what you've said. I finally just stopped trying to explain. I feel much better now that I've made that decision. It really doesn't matter to me anymore if they 'get it' or not.

I still love my kids just as much. We just don't have the relationship we had when I was able to interact with the family. They don't share things with me on a regular basis like they used to.

I've reached a point where I feel so bad physically that it takes all the physical and emotional energy I have just to get through
    the days and nights.

It's sad that these things have happened but I know that if tomorrow, there was a world wide announcement that CFS/FM was found to be a real disease (as if it's not up to now), they would probably have a different attitude toward us.

Would it be too little too late? I guess that would be up to each of us. GB