good news -- SSI people get stimulus in may

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ladude, Mar 17, 2009.

1. ladude

ladude New Member

this is all the info from the SS site. it may not be much but it's better than punch in the nose.

Social Security's Economic Recovery One-Time Payments Information Page(Aquí en español)
    Read our fact sheet aboutthe one-time payment Watch a brief video aboutthe one-time payment President Obama recently signed the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009. This act provides for the one-time payment of $250 to individuals who get Supplemental Security Income (SSI) or Social Security benefits. We expect everyone who is entitled to a payment to receive it by late May 2009. No action is required on your part. We are currently working on the details regarding how we will issue nearly 55 million one-time payments to our beneficiaries. When more information becomes available, we will promptly post it here. Please bookmark this site and check back regularly. Thank you.

2. vivian53

vivian53 Member

Oops my sarcasm is showing. I guess this is in addition to the BIG money we got last year ($300.00). Does it say we get more $ if it has to go for bills? Even pharmacy bills? No? Damn.

Seriously, thanks for the info LAdude

3. bobbycat

bobbycat New Member

Thanks for the information everything given is a help. Specially those who have limited incomes. Bobby
  4. suz9601

suz9601 Member

I wonder if people that get regular social security disability will get this or just people that get SSI? Anyone know? I do not get SSI just regular disablilty