good news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by leslieb, Aug 25, 2002.

1. leslieb

leslieb New Member

Hi Everyone,

I haven't been here much since my intro- have been in alot of pain and alot of stress. We were coming very close to having to sell our house before we lost it- we were 2 months behind on payments. We were also thingking about selling our "fids" - our feathered kids- that sounds terrible and I felt terrible Even with the elavil I was depressed.

Just last week I was walking through the house praying that somehow, someway we would not lose our house or our parrots who we raised from babies. I was in tears as I prayed.

I have filed for SSDI the end of April - they received my paper application early MAy. For ome reason, the did nothing wiht the application until the beginning of July -that's when they sent it to DDS. That's also when I got that horrid packet of forms to complete. It took be about a month.

If you file your application on line, you get a claim number to check the status of the claim. I kept checking and it tols me when it went to DDS, when DDS sent it to their medical board and when it was in the process of sending back to SSA with their decision (All it would say was "There had been no decision made on your application")

Well, I got a giagantic surprise on Monday-

It was my "AWARD LETTER"!!!! It stated that not only was I going to get the monthly awarfd but also I would receive 13 month of back pay. It then told me that I would receive the back pay on August 29th. I don't remember filling out any forms on the internet giving them the imformation on my bank for direct deposit. So I called the local office and he returned the call the next morning-actually woke us up and he told me that I had already filled out the forms for direct deposit.

Well, then for some reason, My husband got up and turned on the copmputer and checked the online access to our bannk and I could not believe it ALL 13 months of back was there!!! God DID hear my prayers.

We have been able to pay off several credit cards, his work trailer, 2 months of health incurance, and 2 months of house payments. We will also get caught up on the amount we pledged to the church.

I also found out that disability also decreases your property and school taxes. For us it will almost wipe them out completely.

It doesn't make the pain go away- that is another story but it takes some of the stress away.

Hope you all have a great week - will be writing a few more questions- as long as my neck and back hold out.

Leslie
  2. leslieb

leslieb New Member

Hi Everyone,

I haven't been here much since my intro- have been in alot of pain and alot of stress. We were coming very close to having to sell our house before we lost it- we were 2 months behind on payments. We were also thingking about selling our "fids" - our feathered kids- that sounds terrible and I felt terrible Even with the elavil I was depressed.

Just last week I was walking through the house praying that somehow, someway we would not lose our house or our parrots who we raised from babies. I was in tears as I prayed.

I have filed for SSDI the end of April - they received my paper application early MAy. For ome reason, the did nothing wiht the application until the beginning of July -that's when they sent it to DDS. That's also when I got that horrid packet of forms to complete. It took be about a month.

If you file your application on line, you get a claim number to check the status of the claim. I kept checking and it tols me when it went to DDS, when DDS sent it to their medical board and when it was in the process of sending back to SSA with their decision (All it would say was "There had been no decision made on your application")

Well, I got a giagantic surprise on Monday-

It was my "AWARD LETTER"!!!! It stated that not only was I going to get the monthly awarfd but also I would receive 13 month of back pay. It then told me that I would receive the back pay on August 29th. I don't remember filling out any forms on the internet giving them the imformation on my bank for direct deposit. So I called the local office and he returned the call the next morning-actually woke us up and he told me that I had already filled out the forms for direct deposit.

Well, then for some reason, My husband got up and turned on the copmputer and checked the online access to our bannk and I could not believe it ALL 13 months of back was there!!! God DID hear my prayers.

We have been able to pay off several credit cards, his work trailer, 2 months of health incurance, and 2 months of house payments. We will also get caught up on the amount we pledged to the church.

I also found out that disability also decreases your property and school taxes. For us it will almost wipe them out completely.

It doesn't make the pain go away- that is another story but it takes some of the stress away.

Hope you all have a great week - will be writing a few more questions- as long as my neck and back hold out.

Leslie
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Leslie, that is just so great to hear. All will be well with you and your feathered babies, and your exchange students too.

Prayer surely was answered for you, and I am just thrilled to hear it.

Now, maybe the pain will subside as you take it all in, that you financial problems are behind you, what a stress reliever that must have been!

Let us know how you are doing with the illness, as we are so happy for your final success with the other problem.

Thanks for the update on this, its much appreciated knowing you are doing well now.

Shalom, Shirl
  4. inpain3

inpain3 New Member

I am so happy for you and your family! What great news....
    I am involved in my church and every now and then I get the urge to pray for a reason I don't understand. All I know is the Lord is placing conviction on my heart to pray....

now I hear of this and I think to myself "this is what and who I was asked to pray for/about."
    Congratulations and God bless in your health and happiness.

love and friendship
    inpain3
  5. kitkat623

kitkat623 New Member

Congratulations! May your good fortune continue and grow. Thanks for sharing such great news with us. Best wishes to you and yours, Kathy
  6. cpalance

cpalance New Member

for you and your family. Congratulations I am so happy for you. I hope things continue to go well for you. I also hope without all the stress your pain may be less.
    I didn't know that Property and school taxes decrease with disability. Do you know if that is for all states, or just your state? If I may ask, what did you file as your disability and which state did you file from?
    Again continued good health and wealth.

Cindy P

PS I should have read your BIO, did I read it right, you are from Houston. I also live in Houston. My email is cpalance@houston.rr.com if you want to talk.[This Message was Edited on 08/25/2002]
  7. Milo83

Milo83 New Member

Just wanted to let you know how happy I am for you and your family..I've been there and done that, & I know how I felt when I finally recieved my "Award Letter" and the back pay..
    **You made a comment that disabiltiy decreases your property and school taxes - I never heard that or was told that..Is that in all states or how did you find this out..
    I would appreciate if you could tell me more...
    Thanks....God Bless........Congrads.........Donna
  8. jackiec

jackiec New Member

Now you can stop worrying over this big issue and get on with putting yourself as a priority. I am so thrilled for you----am wondering if filing on-line would have been a better was to go for me.......am waiting and waiting and waiting for the appeal after getting turned down last Nov.

This feels like a real miracle!! I'm so glad someone had a good experience with disability issues!! Congratulations!

J.C.
  9. selma

selma New Member

I'm soooo happy that your prayers were answered!!!!!!!!!!

I'm praying that you're OUT OF Pain. Both, psychological and physical. Glad rhat your feathered babies are OK too.

Best wishes for a happy future!!!!!

Love, Selma
  10. cpalance

cpalance New Member

11. deecrossett

deecrossett New Member

Praise God, Leslie! And congratulations! You have truly been blessed. God bless, Deena
  12. LuvMeCritters

LuvMeCritters New Member

That is WONDERFUL news. I'm so glad all that stress will be gone from your life! Woo-hoo!!

Praise Be!

Regina
  13. tired42long

tired42long New Member

Leslie, your post made my cry AND SMILE!!! We are not at the point of losing our house (we just scraped by enough to buy last year while I was just 6 months into illness) but it does get pretty rough with one income. Esp. with kids to support. I am SO happy for you!!! I am in midst of filing too. I do hope I can get back to some part time work at some point but health has not improved at all in 18 months and family doesn't deserve to live on a thread every month. Your post helped me see that good things do come along and Thanks Be To God, they do.!!! Tears of joy can replace tears of fears, pain, and sadness sometimes!!!YYYIPPPEEEE!
  14. PMangels

PMangels New Member

What wonderful news. God answers prayer in mysterious ways.

(((((HUGS))))

Arlene
  15. BlueMoon

BlueMoon New Member

Does hear our prayers! So keep saying them!
    God Bless us all,

Robin
  16. BethM

BethM New Member

It's great to hear such good news! Big gentle to you and your family, including the 'fids'! Relax, breathe, and enjoy the rest and respite.

Peace,
    Beth.
  17. MicheleF

MicheleF New Member

So happy for your wonderful news...I'm sure it also gives hope to those that are waiting...and maybe the idea to file online makes it easier, something new to think about.

Hope the easing of stress over financial worries(and I've been there!) helps you feel physically better as well. And yes, God has always come through in his mysterious ways.

Best wishes. Michele
  18. Lanie

Lanie New Member

I am so happy for you and your family! What terrific news. Hope everything continues to go well for you.
    Best wishes,
    Lanie
  19. Shiloh

Shiloh New Member

Wonderful, wonderful news! I'm so thrilled for you! Gosh, I love reading about things like this happening ... makes me smile for you, for the whole day. :)

Shiloh
  20. TeresaBnGA

TeresaBnGA New Member

Leslie,
    Praise the Lord!!! I am so glad you got your SSD!!
    I also applied in April 2002 and am awaiting an answer. Was this your first time applying? Could you tell me a little about what you went through? You can also click on my user name and look at the other post and read more about my illnesses and about my visit to the SSD doctor. If you don't want to post on here my email address is gntbaker@msn.com
    I would be soooo grateful!!

Soft hugs!!
    Teresa :)