good pain meds?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by asvyper, Mar 19, 2006.

1. asvyper

asvyper New Member

well it's been a few years since i've been dx'd and i said i'd do this w/o any pain meds. but now i think maybe i should get some to get through those horrible times that knock me down.

i was wondering what anyone is taking and how it has worked for you, any side effects, etc. thanks.
  2. yuckie

yuckie New Member

It is not too strong and helps manage the pain. I know that at one point you said that you didn't want to mask the pain but there really is something to managing the pain to assist in the healing. My theory is that as long as your body is consumed with fighting pain it isn't able to focus on healing. Take care. Janice
  3. code34me

code34me New Member

I just posted about Ultaram to someone else. But I take Ultram along with a normal dose of Tylenol and it helps alot. My doc says it is okay to take both at once. I have a 3 year old boy and a 13 year old daughter (I am 40!) It is not an option for me to be high on medications I have to be alert for my children (alert as posible with this fog) It works well for me Asvyper!

Codey
  4. tonakay

tonakay New Member

I take Lortab 10/500 four times a day but I also have back problems. My only side effect from them is constipation so I drink Metamucil daily and that keeps me regular.

Hugz,
    Tona
  5. dragon06

dragon06 New Member

I haven taken Darvocet, Vicodin and Percocet for pain. I currently use Vicodin. I try not to take it every day and so far I have been mostly successful. I do get a little light headed from the Vicodin for the first hour or 2 that it kicks in bit I have learned to deal with that, and as long as I feel that I know that my tolerance hasn't built up so I use it as a tool to monitor myself.
    I have also found that switching pain meds, like using Darvocet for a day or so, when I have to use the Vicodin for an extended period during the flare helps to avoid becoming tolerant to one specifically. My doctor has okayed this as safe and agrees it can help.