Good Results for pain with Foam Roller

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Scotter63, Sep 2, 2003.

1. Scotter63

Scotter63 New Member

I've been going to physical therapy for back pain for 4 months. Haven't had great results until recently... started using a 6"x17" hard foam roller. I used it roll over other pain I had-- my calfs, thighs, hips and by rolling those areas, it helps my back! I've prob. had a 80-90% improvement. And it only costs $15. Just wanted to share the good news.
  2. kredca4

kredca4 New Member

Where can someone get one to try? Can you get it through the PT? I had been going to one recently, and didn't have much sucess, in fact it made me worse so I had to quit going.

I was picturing, a Roller, like the ones Hubby use's for Painting, only without the paint of course.
    Thanks for the suggestion, I'm always looking for new ways to treat my CMPD and that sounds like it would work well on TrPs.

Sincerely,
    sharonk
  3. Scotter63

Scotter63 New Member

I got my foam roller at physical therapy... it was the therapist last resort until he was kicking me out! The roller is 6" in diameter and 17" long and is pretty hard. The area that I use it most is over the hip area where I usually have the most pain. A great thing about it is you do the rolling yourself. I sit on it with a crossed leg and roll over the area. It is very, very painful, but it has helped my back as well as some of my other pain.