Good rheumatologist in the San Francisco Bay area?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by caroleye, Jun 25, 2009.

1. caroleye

caroleye New Member

Well I've decided after 10 years to see Rheumy as I've been avoiding dealing with "any" Dr.'s, but my symptoms are overwhelming.

Thanks for any referrals.....................carole
  2. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

There are two Rheumys in Walnut Creek and San Ramon, Dr. Rashmi and Rajiv Dixit, they're husband and wife that diagnose and treat FMS. You could try one of them if it's not too far. Btw, you pronounce "Dixit" like "fix it". =}

They're located at the
    Northern California Arthritis Center
    120 La Casa Via Suite 204

and at the
    Northern California Arthritis Center
    5201 Norris Canyon Rd Ste 305
    San Ramon, CA 94583-2179

I think there are other Rheumys in the two centers who deal with FMS as well.

Oh, I just found this link for the Centers. Click on "Our Doctors" and it seems to show that they're located in other places as well possibly like Concord and Castro Valley. If I'm reading that right. Eden is in Castro Valley.

[This Message was Edited on 06/26/2009]
  3. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

Hi Caroleye,

If those Arthritis Centers are too far away from you, you might want to call them and ask for referrals to Rheumys who Diagnose FMS that are closer to you.

[This Message was Edited on 06/26/2009]
  4. caroleye

caroleye New Member

Because they're too far for me, I will take your suggestion teejkay & see if they can refer me.

I was about to go to a rheumy who doesn't touch Fibro; just my Lupus. Think I need to search furher.

Thanks & Healing Light****************carole