Good stories about doctors?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Braingonebad, Nov 6, 2005.

1. Braingonebad

Braingonebad New Member

We could vent all day about bad times we've had in paper gowns...but I bet you could all give a doc you know a pat on the back for going above and beyond!

I know a few great ones!

I'd like to Plant that hand-clapping emoticon next to this doc's name, Dr. James. He's my pain doc. His NP was so good to me, really got it, ya know? Finished my sentances even.

He took a look at me on my 1st visit, and took his lunch off to make time to give me ESI's in my neck so I wouldn't have to wait and come back in a few weeks. Said "You've been suffering long enough - are you ready to do this?"

WOW! I was blown away! He belived me! AND he was going to help? SURE I was ready!

Big clappy hands to ya doc!

The shots did magic on my neck - I almost lost use of my arms, but now they're fine.

Also big clappy hands to my doggy-baby's doc. He's taken care of her through spinal injury - she was paralized - cancer (12 hr surgery included fixing herniated belly and spaying) an intetinal bacteria and strokes.

This man went to the meat market for ground chuck, cooked that up and mixed it with rice to feed her while he kept her overnight after her surgery. He came into the hospital every hour all night so she wouldn't be afraid or alone.

He gave me his home phone number when he finally let me take her home, in case anything came up I couldn't handle - he said he could come anytime and get her.

When she had her stroke, and recovered, he asked what I was doing that she got better so fast. I did rehab. If she started walking in circles, I held her shoulders and walked her straight. If she got that blank look in her eyes, I'd clap and call her name until she looked at me, I'd snap my fingers in front of her face if I had to.

We talked for an hour about *bringing them back* from a stroke or senility. He asked if he could consolt me if he had any other cases, and I was pleased to be any help!

He is so kind, so caring - he listens and learns!

Lots of happy claps to Doc Matthews!

Let's hear it! I know you have somebody you'd like to pat on the back!
  2. auntcon

auntcon New Member

He's great. I love it because he knew me before I got fibro.

I'm trying a new D O and a friend told me that when his insurance changed the d o gave him the brush off.

Connie
  3. millennia

millennia New Member

Dr. John Rawlings. What a great doctor. I had never even heard of fibromyalgia. I was being shuffled around from Dr. to Dr., everyone trying to find out what was wrong with me. Go here for the emotional side, go here for the physical. Blood tests and exams and x-rays. It was endless. Finally I changed insurance providers and went to my mother's Dr. and sat there in his office and rattled off all my symptoms, the pain, the fatigue, the poor memory and trouble thinking, the depression. Little did I know that everything, right down to my TMJ was a symptom of some crazy illness that I had never heard of. Well I didn't know, but he did. And for being the only doctor, out of a whole lot, to know what was wrong with me, thank you. Even though it really stinks that it isn't something with a "cure", it is good to know what is wrong.
  4. stinker56

stinker56 New Member

I had the best doctor on earth until 1996 when he died of a sudden heart attack. His name was Dr. Francis and I guess he just overworked himself into an early grave. He never rushed you through, he was kind, caring and always gave you a hug or a pat on the back as you were leaving, not like so many of the doctor's now that seem to be afraid to even shake your hand. Nice to know there are good doctors in the world.
    Stinker56
  5. JLH

JLH New Member

My team of doctors are great!! Especially my internist who is my primary care doc -- he treats me better for my fibro than my rheumy does!

My rheumy is a great guy, just not very progressive on his treatment for fibro.

Janet