GOODBYE will miss you

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sues1, Oct 18, 2008.

1. sues1

sues1 New Member

New board is impossible for me. It is not as easy to get around for one thing. I understand very much that new things appear that way, but does not have the ease that the old one did at all.

Biggest problem is the eye strain. Not as easy to read. I get headaches. Eye Dr. says he sees this lots in Fibro people and nothing he can do for it.

Love many of you here. Wishing you all the best and sending hugs and MANY blessings..............Susan
  2. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear that you are leaving, Have you tried the clicking on the "Font size" in the upper left hand corner, with three different sizes of A's?

I had the same problem with the tiney letters and clicked onto the size I wanted. It worked, now I can actually read the messages.

I do not always post to everyone but do read alot of posts including yours.

3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry to hear you must leave. Perhaps (I can't remember how to spell maybe) There. I just typed fast. Memory is in the muscles as somebody said.

Well, anyway, perhaps somebody will invent a new kind of computer glasses that will help.

We will miss your cheery spirit.

Best wishes and a big, but gentle hug.

Ha det bra (That's "Have it good" in Norskie.)

4. jole

jole Member

Hey Sue, please try Granni's suggestion before you leave us, okay? I know the new board isn't very friendly for a lot of us, and change is hard for our foggy minds, blurry eyes, etc.

But, we certainly don't want to lose any of our valued members, and you are just that!!

We do understand if you have to go, but it's not what WE wish....(being selfish here). Please try changing the font, and if that doesn't work, I wish you the very best.****Jole****
  5. doxygirl

doxygirl New Member

I have been unable to come on the board for a long while( my computer broke ) was a long couple of months not being able to interact with everyone and then to come find this post from you is breaking my heart!

Sues, I do understand where your coming from....Iam so used to the old board too, but this is just "a change" sweet girl.....and you can do this,... you can!.... you can!!!!!!

Many of us really love and care about you me being one of although I do see your point...please give it some time....if after a few weeks you do not feel any better than go if you must.....but it would be so wonderful if you did not leave!

Hugs from
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Building up to the new board? Just go and log in and look at the screen for a minute or two and log out. Try staying just a wee bit longer each time. You may be able to tolerate it long enough to stay in touch without suffering too much eye strain.

Our brains' neurons can learn to rewire if we train them. A lot of our vision happens in our brains and not just the eyes. It could be worth a try. I hate to lose you.

Love, Mikie
  7. jmq

jmq New Member

Please do not go! I will miss you. I do totally understand...I have started using the new site and never stay on for long because I get frustrated looking for old posts and people and get totally lost.

Maybe you can just check in once and awhile to let us know how you are or if you need some support.

Hugs and I hope I hear from you again!!!! If I do not...thank you for all the support and kindness you have always given me.

8. hannahfaid

hannahfaid New Member

having a rough time trying to get in a talk to you
    fibro is getting worse I remmeber you from my last post here Im haviong a lost of probablems was looking for a little encouragement hope you see me
  9. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Have you tried the bigger fonts yet? I know that I could not see those tiny little letters either but those fonts have heped me a lot. I understand that you may hae other issues other than the size of the letters.

If you haven't tried it please do. Just click on the largest font letter in the upper left hand side of this page. I just hate the thought of anyone leaving here because they cannot cope with the new style. Just do at least try it and I have every confidence that you can do it as Doxy said , think it was she. I might be wrong with the name.

Also someone mentioned just going to the new site without logging in and just staying on it a little bit more each day, and lurk around if you can. Let it be a gradual thing, plus changing the font. Just click on the largest letter and see if that helps. The, as you get to feeling more comfy ( and I hope you do) then perhaps you can try logging in and posting. Thinking of you sweetie.

Hugs and blessings,

[This Message was Edited on 10/27/2008]