Goofy Question

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Chrissy2, Mar 2, 2003.

1. Chrissy2

Chrissy2 New Member

Hi, everyone--

I have a rather goofy question. Does anyone else do an unpurposeful deep, heavy sigh, where you take in a whole bunch of breath through your mouth very quickly? This is the best way I have to explain it. This happens to be quite frequently, and I was just curious if anyone else gets this?

Chrissy
  2. tandy

tandy New Member

I do that too and never would ask here because I thought"Its gotta be just me"....well,and my Mother too.She has FM and she sighs all the time!!
    I don't know if its out of boardom,being tired of it all,or trying to get more air!? Thanks for asking...I'm surprized that others do this too. Geez,makes ya wonder if we FM'ers are lacking some oxegen.? (sp) thats not looking right~oh well~(sighs!)
    Tracey
  3. painin

painin New Member

I also do this sighing. My husband has asked me, more times than I can even attempt to count, as to why I am sighing. I just do it before I even realize that I am doing it. Not sure if I just need the air, if it is because I am tired all the time, trying to catch my breath, or just about the whole situation I find myself in. But you are deffinitely not alone!! I've not been on here for a while as we just moved last month. But hey! I'm glad I checked in this evening! Now I can show him that it is not just me!!!! SIGH......................
  4. Debgene56

Debgene56 New Member

Just since my last active flare. Deb
  5. rosella

rosella New Member

This is exactly what I tend to do!! In fact, one of my memories of high school was my physiology teacher asking if I was tired. After that it became a joke, as I would, & still have, huge, noisy sighs. I have often wondered if it's the inevitable end result of minutes of shallow breathing? Any thoughts???
  6. ebrbetty

ebrbetty New Member

I find myself doing this quite often, It's like I just can't get enough air in my lungs.
  7. tsj62301

tsj62301 New Member

I never stopped to think that something as little as sighing could be a symptom. I notice that I do it all the time without thinking and have started to wonder. Sometimes I think that friends and family just think that im being rude when I do it. I certainly hope that they don't.