Google spell check

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by millennia, Nov 6, 2005.

1. millennia

millennia New Member

This is not meant to be a dig at anyone in anyway, just thought it might help. I know a lot of you guys, like me, have more trouble typing than before the stupid fibromyalgia >:( And I've discovered a very helpful tool. The Google toolbar has a spell check on it. Instead of having to copy and paste your posts in Microsoft word or something, you just click the button at the top of your toolbar and it checks the spelling on all the web-fields you've filled out. It has been so helpful to me. (I had like 4 mistakes in this entry alone, LOL)
  2. JChild

JChild New Member

Thanks. I am not WEB savy and I need all the help I can get. <>< Barb
  3. lilione

lilione New Member

I only have spell check, when I'm on the internet or word.
    My toolbar now showing has no ability to spellcheck this.
    Could it be the servers? Lili
  4. jfrustrated

jfrustrated New Member

I can't find a google tool bar and spell check button. Can you provide more info please as it sounds great. Thanks
  5. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

but I can't find anything like that. I use a Mac and use TextEdit and write my post in there and it auto checks spelling errors. Then I just copy and paste into this reply space.

Sometimes I don't use the TextEdit at all, but when I hit words I am not sure about, I'll use it. I also like to use it for long posts in case they get lost and don't "take" to the board. At least I won't lose them.

TextEdit is like Windows Notepad, but it works like Word in that it will underline a misspelled word and you right click and it will give you the correct spelling. I really love it and use it a lot.

Hugs,
    Faye
  6. jfrustrated

jfrustrated New Member

Thank you fainfyer for that info - I'll check it out. Also, Faye, thank you for the info re Mac. I use a Mac too and have never ventured into the edittext - something to thorougly investigate on a day when my head is together.
  7. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Jfrustrated, you'll find that under the Mac HD and look under applications. Then when you find TextEdit, just drag it to your tool bar and you'll have it there. You can make the text bigger, check the tool bars on top and you'll find a place to make the text bigger or smaller.

If you have any other questions, just post to me. I don't get on here but about once a day anymore.

Hugs,
    Faye