Gosh I can't stop crying and moping

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fibrohugslife, Nov 5, 2006.

1. fibrohugslife

fibrohugslife New Member

I don't know why I can't stop crying and feeling so mopey and sad. I have been trying hard to stay happy and all.

I know that I am hurting and just ultra sensitive. The fibro has been really bad and I frustrated that I thought I was feeling better then the change in weather is really affecting me a lot, then I just really lonely too.

I am in counseling now and will be starting group counseling as that is all they have out here that I can get for free. I am unqualified for Medi-Cal and STILL no word on SSI. I did call about it, and they said December 28, and if I don't hear anything by then they said to call back.

For counseling I prefer one on one BUT can't afford that. With no money coming in at all for the last 6 months has been really rough.

Physically with the weather all over the place, one minute it 40 degrees and the next few days it is 90 degrees, is just driving my pain high and wild.

Anyway encouraging words would be great.
  2. Goldyfm

Goldyfm New Member

Sorry you are having a hard time right now. I hate the onset of winter. I have always been cold sensitive but the last few years it has really bothered me. I can hardly stand to go out doors without a turtle neck or scarf and it is only the beginning here. I start praying for spring as soon as the first frost hits here. I can't imagine living further north and enduring any weather worsening. I tend to hibernate like a big old grumpy bear.

I know how hard it is to be financially strapped. I am on my second attempt for disability. I now have an attorney helping, but I know I have a long wait ahead of me. I just hope I can stay afloat. I know that here our Mental Health Center offers counselling based on income for those who have no insurance coverage. You might want to check this out with your local Mental Health Center.

Take care and hang in there.
  3. homesheba

homesheba New Member

i pray you will start feeling better soon.
    i am the other way.
    it seems like i hurt worse in the hot weather!
    maybe cause of the humidity..
    but i dont know if this will help anyone,
    but when i told the ss place that i had to have my 70 some year old heart patient mom helping me to dress
    and so forth
    and little kids to do menial chores for me-
    ( and i was to...):0-
    -it was miserable -like you are now hon...
    that poof!!
    it seemed to go right thru without a hitch.
    i sure hope you get help soon.
    i know how lousy that is with no money coming in.
  4. fibrohugslife

fibrohugslife New Member

For the counseling that is all that is offered in my county where I go, everywhere else is too far away in my county and I cannot handle the drive, even if my mom took me. So I have to take whatever is available nearby. I prefer one on one counseling but once again I don't have a choice. Statewide funding is not enough, so they cut back as always. I will have more choices if I get approved for SSI and I can get Medi-Cal out here. It will not be much but I will not have to pay for everything, and I can get free dental which I still need.

When I went in to the Social Security office I could barely do the forms and my mom was called in to help and the woman that was there with the forms saw how bad in a shape I was, can barely move, talk, think, just overall function. She also saw that my parents have to assist me a lot. So I am hoping that I will get approved the first time. SSDI I am not sure so sure.

Anyway thanks everyone, I am just falling apart at the seams and wondering why oh why can't I have a little break, there is always something going with me and my body and at times I feel like my plate is too full and it is breaking. It is like the unwanted buffet, the nasty brussel sprouts keep piling and piling on, along with mole covered pasta that no one would dare to eat, not even on Fear Factor but it's there LOL.

I am just tired of being sick and tired. Tomorrow well today I just plan on trying to buy a new printer for now while I try to figure out to fix my current one and fight with customer service on taking their useless printer back, and wireless adapter that was a waste too, and get my money back. I need to print my stuff oy.

That is the least of my problems.....group counseling won't start until the middle of the month sooo I will just have to hang until then. I have been seeing a therapist once a month (that's all I can get) but the sessions are not really helpful, she just asks questions and writes down my replies but doesn't offer anything except medication. Lovely huh?

So I am just overall frustrated....
  5. fibrohugslife

fibrohugslife New Member

Hi wamps,

Thanks for your tips. What is funny that I did have some chocolate in my possession and my body rejected it. So I am thinking ok it's been too long since I last had chocolate and my body saw NO! lol but it likes Necco wafers and Lifesavers Spearmint and Peppermint mints.

I was sad that my People magazine and Entertainment Weekly did not show up over the weekend. I looked at some craft magazines I managed to buy, and read 3 books in a 4 day timespan and I have about 20 more that I got from the library to read. I will finish them all LOL.

So I read and watch Sex in the City DVDs that I have and that always makes me laugh, and watch rented Bugs Bunny cartoons.

6. fibrohugslife

fibrohugslife New Member

Hugs right back ya....thank you so much as I really do need a hug.
  7. fibrohugslife

fibrohugslife New Member

Thanks everyone so much for your thoughts and prayers. I just knew that I could rely on my FM family to help. I didn't know where to turn and I have not been on here too much as I have not had to post but still could have been here to encourage others. I was having such a good time with feeling of not being in much pain, and handling being go out and all. Then I crashed last week and my body just officially gave out from all the great fun I was having. I was thinking ok maybe my body is feeling better, and I got a big NO after about 2 months of bliss. I still had pain at the time but it was not that bad, and then the weather changed and my nice fun ended.

I forgot about the ups and downs, and I was on the up for awhile and now I am on downside and gosh I forgot how bad the pain could get.

Anyway I will take more time out in bed, and will actually be doing some exercise like a walk up the street and back.

The biggest trip is driving to the library to drop off books I read and pick up a few I have on hold and buying a new printer (nice but inexpensive) if after going through technical support and they couldn't help me.

So for all of that I will just see how things go. All in all I just have to keep going the way I know how.

[This Message was Edited on 11/06/2006]
  8. 143alan

143alan New Member

I hope you are feeling better this morning fibrohugslife.
    Our weather is crazy right now also and it is really causing some pain so like everyone else, I know how you feel.

You are in my thoughts and prayers. Good luck with the counseling also. Take care

****BIG SOFT HUG*****

Nancy
  9. Mini4Me

Mini4Me New Member

Just 2 days ago I was feeling pretty good for me. Then, wham, yesterday I spent the whole day in bed. Today I am painful and weepy. It seems like when your body hurts so bad, the tears just won't stop. Hubby has me lie on the floor as he uses the dual head massager, all over my body and I just let the tears flow!

My puppy comes to lick away my tears. She is very concerned about my pain!

I'm so sorry you have to go through this at such a young age! I started falling apart slowly at age 46. I'm now 56 and am a wreck.

I do so hope you can get some pain relief and good counseling!
    Love and Hugs...
    Mini
  10. rockymtnmom

rockymtnmom New Member

Some very gentle hugs are being sent your way. Is there anything you can to do pamper yourself that doesn't cost anything? How about a nice warm bath or a cup of tea or warm milk (none of that yukky brusslesprouts and moldy pasta for you!!). Maybe your mom can fix one of your favorite foods like she used to when you were little? I know she's got a lot going on but I bet she'd love to do something to help you feel better. I will send prayers that your SS goes through right away - it just sometimes seems like you just can't get a break, doesn't it? And it doesn;t help to be low on money.

Things seem bleak right now, it WILL get better. Hang in there. You have lots of people pulling for you, even ones you haven't met yet : )

Take good care,

Kim
  11. fight4acure

fight4acure Member

what books u like to read?
  12. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

Hi Fibrohugslife,

I haven't been on much lately because everytime I would sign in and begin reading, I would wake up later and just put the pc up. Having low blood again and feeling yulky.

I just wanted you to know that you're not alone today; I feel so sore all over and have been crying. I don't even know why; I just am.

Let's hang in there together and hope that later today will bring a little joy to our lives. We know there's always hope and our friends here.

I'm awake and hope I can reply to some more messages for a little while.

Here's a little sunshine from me to you looking at you :)

BlueSky555 (Oh why did I choose that name???)
  13. carebelle

carebelle New Member

maybe you need an anti depression drug.What some people do not realize is if you have depression its not about trying to be happy or changeing your mood.Its a chemical problem within your body.Also some people have depression that is seasonal during winter months you really need to talk to your doctor about how you are feeling.

I hope things get better
  14. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

Hugs Fibrohugslife

I am sorry you are feeling so rotten. I know what it feels like to cry and mope and have a hard time pulling yourself out of it. I hope the counselling helps.

Yes this changeable weather sends my body into a tailspin too. Today it is sunny and warm and yesterday it was cold and there was snow on the ground! YIKES!

Sending gentle hugs

Redwillow
  15. wildworld

wildworld New Member

I'm new here today. I just signed on to this message board because today, for the first day in a while, I'm too teary and wiped out to do anything much but sit and cry. If you hadn't started the conversation about how the change in weather affects us, I would have forgotten that this is likely the cause, and would have panicked, thinking that I was in some kind of relapse and everything was going all awful again. I have made some progress in feeling a little better, but the stress from that fear might have been enough to actually make me relapse.

I think for a lot of us, I hope for you too, it is the time the weather is changing, not what it is changing to, that is the worst. So let's do whatever it is that we do when we need to be extra nice to ourselves. Then let's do some more of it. Sooner or later, the weather will even out, and so will we.
  16. sues1

sues1 New Member

Pro Health’s Fibro Complete Multi™ with Malic Acid and Cymbalta seems to help me some through these times.

I woke up at 3:30 AM.chilled and hurting. I knew it had to of rained or was raining. I knew this from the way I felt. I was right.

I somehow keep my spirits up because I know that the weather will change and I will feel a little better, not hurting as bad.

Not easy for sure. You are a upbeat person, you help me a lot. But we need to let it all out now and then and a little crying is good for us.

Maybe group counseling will be good. Give it a good try. I never have understood how talking to a Dr. and getting meds is a final answer. Counseling is needed,outside of a ear to listen and a hand to write us more meds.

Love and gentle hugs dear one.(and you are)..Susan
  17. fibrohugslife

fibrohugslife New Member

Hello Fight,

My favorite books to read these days are light romance--yes I know cliche but my explanation to that is well it is as close that I am getting to a man LOL, and it is the safest way for me. I still date but the best fairytale is in the books it seems.

Ooooh ok yes I enjoy reading comedy, books about life, growth, change in the character's lives, I am also getting into mystery/suspense novels, Sue Grafton's series seems to be really interesting. I am waiting for the first book to come in from my request at the library.

I really enjoy Nicholas Sparks' novels a lot (he wrote The Notebook by the way), he has a new book out called Dear John and I can't wait to receive it.

I also enjoy some Christian fiction books about faith, challenges in life, etc.

I also enjoy the classics such as Leo Tolstoy, Shakespeare's plays, etc.

Anyway I am just getting back into reading for the last 4 months, and rekindling my love of reading. I am 10 years behind with books LOL.

And you? And everyone can answer this too.
  18. fibrohugslife

fibrohugslife New Member

I actually stopped taking supplements, as they not do not do a thing for me. Magnesium gave me diahrrea, and I said okay that is it. All those supplements made me oh so sick, and it was just a waste of money that I did not have. So I stopped buying them, and let it leave my system. If I feel the need to take a supplement here and there like Fish Oil pills or some more potassium then I will take them for a little while.

The only supplements I take on a regular basis are the Pearls acidophilus for my stomach and that helps a lot, and iron supplements.

For meds I am on a few antidepressants and they do help but cannot control all emotions though.

Then I also take Neurontin and Norco for my pain.

For exercise when I can go are aqua aerobic classes, I want to go this evening. I also do walking, and try to make it up and down the stairs at home.

I have not done a whole lot of Yoga lately but I still stretch out my body when I can. I need to do more of that.