GOSH IM HURTIN BAD someone shoot me

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Butterfly_of_grace, Jan 11, 2007.

1. Butterfly_of_grace

Butterfly_of_grace New Member

Hello everyone!
    Just wanted to say hi and vent a little bit...hope you all dont mind.

Usually on Thursdays I have the day off which is my day to catch up on house chores and the laundry piling up. Well my good ol' boss had all of us come in today to download patient information in the new computer system....

8 hours on my feet all day!!!!

Im dying tonight. The most I usually do is 5 1/2 to 6 and Im usually spent a hundred times over...today was just too much. My legs are swollen, the ache and burn badly and my back is killing me. Whats worse is that I have to work tomorrow morning as well for my usual 5 1/5 hours straight on my feet....not to mention the fatc that Im having really sleepless nights again, Im overwhelmed and Im stressed. The fibro has kicked in and well...I gurt like heck and Im sure all of you can relate.

Anyway...hello to all. Its been a while since I have been on. I just needed to vent. I just cant find the perfect position to sit or lay down and find comfort....UGH!

have a good night all!
    Sending HUGS....although it hurts to hug right now but you are all worth the pain!

2. Mwitherite

Mwitherite New Member

I just got my first ever bottle of pain pills with a refill, tramadol ( ultram) and they are not even touching the pain. I sit in front of a computer all day and by noon i'm ready to be shot.
    My doctor doesn't want to give me narcs tho because I have kids
    My question is what is the point of worrying about my kids if you aren't going to give me something strong enought that I can take one and play with them instead of being lifeless on the couch ?

There I got to vent too!!

Hang in there. - M
  3. Lendy5

Lendy5 New Member

Sorry you are hurting so bad. I understand because my feet and legs hurt non stop and it's hard for me to slow down cause I always stay so busy.

One thing I have found that works is I sleep with pillows underneath my legs and when I am on either side I have a feather pillow in between my legs and it helps so much. This way my legs stay elevated most of the night.

Hope you feel better soon and take care of you :0)

Hugs,
    Carolin
  4. llama

llama New Member

Hi Butterfly,

That really stinks that apparently you had this extra work just sprung on you!

Since you worked on what is routinely your off day, aren't you entitled to another day off...like tomorrow? Does your job know about your Fibro.? If so, I'd either request tomorrow off or call-in sick. Of course I realize that this may not be an option for you, but if it is I would do it.

It's been my experience that if I've all ready exhausted myself and then try to push again the next day...I have a worse over all flare. What may have taken me 1 or 2 days to recover from will now maybe take a whole week. In a nutshell, I guess I'm saying, if you take care of yourself now, you may need to only miss one day. If you push yourself, you may need to take several days off.

The last two years that I was able to work, I had an "intermittent" Family Medical Leave, which helped immensely. Without it I would have been fired within a couple months of employment. Is this something feasible for you?

Good Luck...Please take care of yourself...Jill...........
    [This Message was Edited on 01/11/2007]
  5. FibroPainSufferer

FibroPainSufferer New Member

I hope you feel better Butterfly_of_graceā€¦.I know what you are going through!!!
  6. abcanada

abcanada New Member

Sounds to me like you're truely run off your feet. Can you take advantage of a sick day early next week to give your body a chance to recouperate? I where support hose, as I've had blood clots in my leg in the past. They will help your circulation & keep swelling to a minimum. They also tend to fend off moderate leg pain. I highly recommend them to anyone who spends any amount of time on thier feet. Take care & I hope you have a restful weekend! Laura
  7. Butterfly_of_grace

As far as sick days - I dont get any. Im not full time.

As far as not working today...IMPOSSIBLE. Im expected EVERYDAY unfortunately...especially since Im only part time.

I have TRAMADOL too because my orthopedic Doc gave it to me over the summer because my herniated disc was SO BAD I couldnt move. Well, wish I could take it today because the herniated disc is SO BAD once again. I can barely move and I dont know how Im going to make it thru the day.

Im ready to cry it hurts so bad...all the way down my right leg.

Im sure an hour into standing on my feet everything will be hurting.
    I told my boss, THE CHIROPRACTOR, that I had fibro a while ago...his response was this : THERES NO SUCH THING AS FIBROMYALGIA...it all has to do with the degenerative disc disease and the subluxation. Im sure that has alot to do with it but FIBRO IS REAL. No arguing with him though. He is non-confrontational and I cant afford to loose my job.

Theres no sympathy from him. He will adjust me and give me advice but theres no looking for sympathy -
    ... his reason for no sympathy for us or anyone else......because IT TAKES AWAY HIS FOCUS...blah blah blah

anyhoooo wish me luck. Although he is not a compassionate soul, he HAS gotten me more relief in my back then when I was spending an arm and leg to go see the Orthopedist who is not in my insurance and when I was going for steriod shots so he has helped. I no longer have periformis syndrome. It doesnt act up as much anymore.
    I love my job ALOT too...therefor Ill put up with HIM and just go to what I love to do and thats helping people.

HUGS
  8. infogirl

infogirl New Member

Hello Everyone,

Butterfly, I hope you can find a "happy medium" here, doing what you feel is needed to keep your boss happy and caring about yourself enough to keep the cycle to a minimum...hard to do!! Good luck...
    I am recently diagnosed, but have been having more and more symptoms over the last several years. Although I'm happy to as least know what I'm battling, I am finding the pain overwhelming at times. One of the things that I find most distressing is that if you "look good," people don't believe that the pain, exhaustion, memory problems, etc. exists.
    I truly wish that there was a "simulator" of some sort that could let others feel the pain, etc. for even a few hours...there's no good way to verbally describe the depth of this chronic illness.
    I was given the link to this message board by a friend with FM and I find it a wonderful resource. I wish us all the best in finding what works for each of us to find some painless moments and to enjoy every second of it!! Thanks for listening...

Be well..
  9. Butterfly_of_grace

OMG my thoughts exactly...just this morning while I was attempting to get dressed for work in agony, I thought to myself "well, Ill put on my happy face and be upbeat for our patients just like Doc wants me to be but OMG please God let him feel some sort of pain today and allow him to feel how uncomfortable it is to be in so much pain, yet smile away at everyone like you are just fine. Its maddening isnt it?

I got two adjustments today from my boss. It helps the pain in the herniated disc for a little while but then POOF back comes the pain.
  10. Taterdawg

Taterdawg New Member

My whole body has been buzzing all day and I've got the heebie jeebies so bad I can't hardly stand it. I get tremors alot from my meds and I haven't much of them at work ever...except for today. I was so embarrassed but I don't think anybody saw me jerking all over the place.

I am so ready to go home. Just an hour and a half to go.
    Then I can go home and get my therapy....my Shiatsu Massage chair and my dogs. It's amazing how much better feel after sitting in that chair and having a warm bellied Dachshund in my lap lol. Heat therapy really helps me. I wish I could bring him to work and have him sit here with me all day. But I don't think my job would last very long up here. They aren't very dog friendly.

Anyways, sorry to ramble. I hope WE get to feeling better.
  11. infogirl

infogirl New Member

I think "maddening" is the perfect word! I have found FM to be just that! There are some days (when I'm not exhausted) that I notice that if I'm focused on something that I'm trying to accomplish, I actually forget about the always present pain. And when my concentration is finally broken, for a brief second I think, "OMG..it's gone!" But then when I try to stand up, I realize it was just a happy little moment. Of course I then try to keep myself occupied to forget the pain...and as we all know, I pay for it the next day or later that night. See....maddening..LOL.

I keep hoping that there will be an answer to this fascinating illness...it seems so much more common lately that I want to believe that it is a side effect from something...like a chemical or microwaves (radiation waves). I am so glad that we have a place to talk to others that are going through it. Keep strong...keep searching.

Be well...
  12. AliOmalley

AliOmalley New Member

Can I vent here??? I am at work right now and having so much pain in the muscles around my right shoulder blade - I might just go running down the hall screaming at the top of my lungs. Nothing gets to this pain. All the Ultram in the world just doesn't do it. Its awful. No sympathy to be found in the workplace tho. All anyone says when I complain is "Gee, you look good". So I suffer here in silence until I get home and then my husband listens. ARGH!!!