Got a beakthrough ...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by smileyfacecookie, Oct 21, 2005.

1. smileyfacecookie

smileyfacecookie New Member

I got a letter yesterday and they have set my court day for Nov. 8th. I was hoping for a settlement out of court. I thought I would be relieved btu I am a nervous wreak. I am afraid they when I go and try to answer questions that I won't remember things. Anyone have any pointers for me and what kind of things they will ask me?
  2. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I do hope you will be able to answer the questions. Your lawyer will give you some pointers, probably. I'm sorry it wasn't settled out of court, but it will be OK. You will do well!

Sue
  3. Bambi

Bambi New Member

and put down where you want to emphasize something. Do rehearse what you plan to say, but having the notes with you will make it harder to forget what you wanted to say. Just don't come out like you are reading it. Having to take notes is just another sign of your fog problems, so
    I don't think it hurts anything.
  4. puppyfreak

puppyfreak New Member

If the judge asks how you sleep, say 'I can't get to sleep because of pain/I wake up every hour because of the pain/When I get up I'm still exhausted/It takes me at least an hour to get going in the morning
    If the judge asks about your day, say 'I get up and take my pain meds and after about an hour I can finally start to move around/I have breakfast and then I have to rest while I have my coffee/I put a load of clothes in and have to lie down for at least 20 minutes/I can only walk around the grocery store leaning on the cart and after a half hour I'm exhausted and have to go home even if I haven't gotten all my groceries/I can't stand at the stove to cook longer than 10 minutes and then I have to rest before I can eat
    If the judge asks about the pain, say 'There is no position I'm in [sitting/standing/lying down] where I'm comfortable/When I'm at the computer, I have to get up after 10 minutes/
    If the judge asks about your energy, say 'I can only walk out to the mailbox and I need a cane to do that/I can't carry more than 1 bag of groceries from the car/I can't bathe my child any more
    You get the idea - be as specific as possible so the judge gets the exact picture of just how disabled you are.
    And if they think you can do a 'sit-down' job, they'll find one for you. So if you really do have to take lots of naps, or your concentration is totally shot, tell them this, too.

Char