Got a body back buddy massager

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kdeenak, Mar 13, 2010.

1. kdeenak

kdeenak New Member

I have had a severe fm flare for a month. My meds were increased yesterday, but my back, neck, and shoulders are so tight and achy and I can't afford to constantly go to get a massage. My husband is a PT and suggested the back buddy also called body back buddy. He said he has seen them at work. I ordered one from amazon and have had it for a couple of days. It works good at getting right to the trigger points. It's long and easily reaches everywhere. I'm glad I got it and thought I would share.
  2. FibroFay

FibroFay New Member

I'm glad you found something helpful. Is it a massager with a long handle that you guide over your own back muscles? I had something like this once, but it was rather heavy and made my shoulder and arm muscles sore.

I'm thinking I'd like to try one of those infra red massagers. Maybe that would be helpful.

3. JLH

JLH New Member

I went to Amazon to take a look at it.

Is is a long thing that looks like a huge "S" kind of, with knobs all over it? Where you would have to rub it up and down on your back?

Here is what the description was:

Product Features:

* Seven therapy knobs which allow you to reach and comfortably treat every major muscle group and trigger point.

* Overall length is 23 inches, and it's perfect for travel.

* Comes with a free 12 page instruction booklet.

* Compact, convenient and easy to use.

* Recommended by chiropractors, physical therapists, Yoga instructors, Pilates and Gyrotonic instructors, massage therapists, bodyworkers, fitness instructors and dance teachers.

It looks like it would help; however, I have so many problems with the discs, etc. in my neck and back, I don't know how long I could hold my arms up to work it on my back!

I'm glad it helping you! It's always nice to know what helps someone, because it might help you!

I'm looking to trade husbands for one who will give a nice neck and back massage every night!! JUST KIDDING!! LOL I've been married close to 40 years and could NEVER get my husband to massage my back to help my pain. Ugh!