Got a Job and FREAKING OUT

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by solarStar, Sep 18, 2007.

1. solarStar

solarStar New Member

okay so I have been looking for just the right job that fit our schedule for a while now and I got a call yesterday saying I got it! OMG freak me out completely!!

I wll work from oon to 5 Monday through Friday and from 8 till noon on Saturday so at least it isnt full time (which is what we wanted). But I havent worked in over 5 years!!!!

I am excited and majorly scared! I know I am more than capable of the job and it pays decently for where I live but I feel so out of touch with the workforce!! For so long noone would hire me because I had taken so many years off to be with my girls!

Any advice would be appreciated! I am working as a CNA at a home for the mentally disabled and the elderly. i love that line of work and am fully qualified so it isnt such a big deal and I have done it before I had the girls but it is nerve racking after so long a time!

I went and bought a new pair of orthepedic shoes yesterday because of my back. But other than that I dont need a uniform or anything as it is casual so that is good. I am exited but scared and looking forward to tomorow when I start. Hopefully all will go well. Wish me luck!

Blessings and Prayers
  2. sisland

sisland New Member

I hope this job will be good for you! sorry ,,,,But wondering if it will hurt your Back problems more?,,,,,i worked as a Cna for 22 years and there's no way i could return to that kind of work!,,,,,,

I'm not trying to put a damper on this for you, just concerned for your health!,,,,,,,,,,,You Know what you can handle!,,,,,,S
  3. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

Good luck with your new job!! It is scary after being away for so long. I remember when I was gone for only 13 months. When I went back it seemed like I couldn't do anything right for the first day or two.

But then all of a sudden it seemed like I had never been gone! It didn't take very long for it to feel that way! So just remember if the first day seems strange, you will soon be feeling right at home!!

Good luck Star!!!
  4. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

SS. I hope it all goes well.

5. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Guess I did understand correctly, when you mentioned going to work on one of your posts on the Porch. A CNA sounds like you will be natural. It may take a bit of time to get used to things but I think you have the right personality for such a job. Part time is a very good thing for you. Have you had any training in that area yet?

The very best of luck to you in this job. Let us all know how it is all going for you. My daughter, the one with all the problems (divorced) and 3 sons, one with LD's (12), one with leukemia (5) and the other is with the dad (17) is on the job hunt also. It has not been an easy thing for her. At least you have your DH with you, in both the good and rough times. You have some support which is wonderful. If the kids are sick she has to leave to pick them up. We no longger live that close by, not that we were that close before, but closer !!

Lots of hugs,