Got a Letter for SSD for medical evaluation

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by 1975jet, Jul 31, 2006.

1. 1975jet

1975jet New Member

Hi guys, I finished the forms - finally- DH gave me some insight- but his mind is squirrelier than mine - Ha. Today I received in the mail an appt. sent up for Thursday for medical evaluation- so what do I do- start to panic and I don't go till Thursday. DH keeps telling me to calm down so I took my Xanax and am trying to be a good little girl..

Thanks, guys and gals for the input. Say a prayer for me please.

Hugs
    Janet
  2. Cinlou

Cinlou New Member

Good luck, try not to worry.....saying a prayer for you.
    Cindy
  3. blessedmom2four

blessedmom2four New Member

maybe make a list of all your medical issues and medication to keep in your pocket incase nerves make you forget, or fibro fog. good luck
  4. mrdad

mrdad New Member

These med exams are preetty much standard Bureacratic
    Procedure. There is nothing to be really concerned about.
    How long ago did you start your claim officially?? They
    are most likely going to have you jump thru more hoops
    after this. So be patient and stay with your goal!!

My best to you,
    MRDAD
  5. 1975jet

1975jet New Member

Thank you, thank you - now I gotta rest. Hope y'all have a great evening....

Night & Hugs
    Janet
  6. ephemera

ephemera New Member

can you find out in advance the name of the doctor & do an internet search on her/him to see if you can find out any info on them? Just wondering...
  7. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

Hello Janet,

Without looking back, it seems that you are following just behind me with the SSD Claim. I have been reading most of your posts and I recall you receiving the "daily activities form" to fill out, not too long ago.

I could/may be wrong but I think this is the case. I had an evaluation, but mine was not a medical; it was a mental evaluation. I was on here asking questions also, and received some great responses.

That was about 3 weeks ago and I haven't heard anything.

Good luck with your medical evaluation,

BlueSky555
  8. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

you tell them you hurt allover on your fibro spots...etc,,,can'ts sleep whatever is going on w/you...

if you can have someone drive you...

they would ask me who drove your.,,i said i didn't have a choice i had to drive myself and i got lost...true and had to pull over a few times...

jodie