Got a letter from Montel re: Million Letter Campaign

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by texasmaia, Mar 7, 2006.

1. texasmaia

texasmaia New Member

My husband was reading the mail last night and he asked me if I had written to the Montel Williams Show?

"NO", was my first response and then I said "oh, yes I did with the FMS Million Letter Campaign last year."

Can you believe it has actually been almost a year and they responded now? It was not much of a response but it did say that they thanked me for my letter and it was being 'processed by the producers' whatever that means.

For those who don't really know what I am talking about the Fibromyalgia/Chronic Fatigue community bombarded the media last year by mailing out letters to all of the different television companies, personalities, , radio and newpaper, political representatives anyone we thought might have a voice in the public eye.

The objective was to make them aware of how many people are affected by Fibromyalgia and how drastically their lives have changed because of it. The letters were all mailed on the same day, May 1, 2005.

Not only did those with these syndromes write letters but their spouses, children anyone we could get to write a letter did as well.

I will probably not hear another word from the show, BUT I was sooooooo excited!!!!! Why??? Because, my family put forth a lot of time and effort into those letters, and at least I know that one of them was read. The huge delay in their response time tells me that they were indeed bombarded.

So KUDOS to all who wrote letters!!! Once Again, Hats off to ya'll....

Blessings,
    Maia

2. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

That's great you received a reply. I helped with the campaign and also sent out letters. I have never heard anything, but it's great that you did. Yes, I heard that everyone was really bombarded with all our letters.

We put force a lot of time and effort. I'd like to think that it will eventually pay off.

Ellen
  3. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

from montel as well...

i really like montel william's shows

jodie
  4. texasmaia

texasmaia New Member

My Daughter would say that.....took me a long time to figure out it meant "My Mistake". Anyway, the million letter campaign was NOT last year...was it? Has it been two years?? 2004??

Somebody refresh my memory here, I truly cannot remember how long it has been, but I think maybe 04 is right.

Sorry for the 'foggies'

Maia
  5. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

The campaign was last year as I was part of the group working on it. Actually, we started working on it in 2004 right up to the date the letters needed to be mailed
    (May 1, 2005).

Ellen
  6. texasmaia

texasmaia New Member

The time goes quickly....

I don't expect anything to come from this, just thought it was interesting that I finally did get a response from someone. Myself, my husband, my daughter and my daughter in law each sent out letters to approx. 18 different places, including our small town newspaper. This was the only word I got from any of them.

Blessings,

Maia
  7. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

You sent out a lot of letters. My husband and I just sent out letters to maybe three or four places.

I know, time does fly, doesn't it?

Ellen
  8. sues1

sues1 New Member

Why not try again.....and again if needed? We could do it......choose a date.......list names and addresses....I would do my part...
  9. texasmaia

texasmaia New Member

I dont have the time or energy to organize this, but encourage you to do so.

If you will do some research on the million letter campaign you can find the folks who got it started. The mailing was May 1 because May 12 is Awareness day.

Go to FMS-HELP.COM which is the home page of Dominie's. There is a link there that will give you the information you will need.

I will certainly participate but not willing to organize. I just can't right now.

Blessings and let us know,
    Maia
  10. crumpton

crumpton New Member

I guess he is WAY behind in reading his mail! I just got a letter from him too concerning the Million Letter Campaign.

Hard to believe that it has been two years!!

Maybe we will be on the show together?? No Way for me to go on - you can take my place