Got a massage today

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kat211, Oct 12, 2010.

1. kat211

kat211 New Member

and I feel horrible. I used to love getting massages but haven't had one since having fibro. OMG do I feel terrible. It hurt while I was getting it and I had to ask her to go softer a couple of times, which I used to ask for deeper. Afterward I was feeling ok. A few hours after I just felt, and still do, like I am dying. Everything from my eyeballs to my toenails hurts. Anyone else feel like this after a massage? How long does it last (yeah, I know, nothing is typical for us)?

LEFTYGG Member

people think massages are relaxing. not when you have fibro it releases toxins. i feel nauseated and achey even more.

my therapist gave bottled water at end. drink lots love gail
  3. kat0465

kat0465 New Member

usually by the next day i feel better, if i do what she tells me to. which is lots of water, and an epsom salt hot bath.

even with all that,we still bounce back slower:( she did tell me if i got them regularly, it would get better.just can't afford them all the time.
    Feel better
  4. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

I used to get them regularly - I had insurance then that would cover them & they felt really good......however, after I had to go on medicare and no longer had coverage, I could not afford them more than once in a real long while

then they started hurting, and then I also started getting incredibly sick afterwards for about a I really want one becasue I miss how good they felt yrs ago, but I not only cannot afford it, I am totally afraid of how sick it could make me