Got A New "Dare" Phone

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mikie, Jul 19, 2008.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

It's Verizon's version of the iPhone. I just got it and it's charging. I already made two calls and figured out how to do it. It's pretty easy but I know I'll have to study (and take my state board exams :) to use all the features, like getting my 3-mails.

I am cutting down to try to stem my cash-flow problem. My cell phone and cable are two of the largest bills I pay each month. I will be dumping my cable computer fast connect line.

I have an HDTV and am considering dumping the HD/Tivo box on it and the digital box on the one in my bedroom. I think I'll just go back to basic cable. In Feb., everything will be broadcast in digital and, with the exception of live sports, digital looks almost as good as HD on an HDTV receiver. I was so thrilled about the TiVo as I never missed any shows last winter. Well, now I have nothing to watch. In addition, I think I ought to be doing more with my life than allowing it to revolve around TV. Most of what I watch is on the basic channels anyway.

I posted separately to tell y'all that I probably won't be here nearly as much because I doubt I'll want to surf the web on a tiny phone. I will, however, run down to the library from time to time and use their wifi to check in.

Gently, hugs, love, and prayers to everyone.

Love, Mikie
  2. sisland

sisland New Member

Congrats on getting the new dare phone!,,,I'm sorry you have to give up all the other stuff!,,,,but you know it's not that bad of a thing if you can stop by the library and use their computers!,,,,,,,and it will save you some money!,,,,,,,hear from you soon!,,,,,,Hugs!,,,Sis
    [This Message was Edited on 07/19/2008]
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Yes, the new phones are sooooo cool. I am a closet nerd and do love the techie stuff (even though I'm not that technologically swift). I could continue with all the services I get from cable and wouldn't go broke but I'm not happy making my TV and computer the center of my life any more. I'm uprooting a few things at a time just to keep my life going where it seems to need to go.

One nice sidenote: The phone is also an MP3 player and, for the first time, the earbuds are comfortable. My old phone was too but the earbuds were too big (or my ears are too small :) This phone has more storage so I need to start synching some tunes to it.

Love, Mikie