got a pic on my profile,Att HORSE PEOPLE

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sixtyslady, May 3, 2006.

1. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

this is my 2yr filly, shes an arabian we raised her and also have her mother and half brother. hope you like her my husband is breaking her to drive this summer.
    Sixtyslady
  2. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

I have always loved horses. My horses all have a horn, though...hence my name. LOL

I'm a "sixtys lady" too.

God Bless.
  3. BLUEROSE7

BLUEROSE7 New Member

How beautiful!!!

Thanks for sharing a picture with us. I love horses! I love all animals :) I use to ride alot when I was younger, a friend in school had a couple horses, I enjoyed it so much. It's been years since I have been on a horse.

((Hugs))
    ~Bluerose~
  4. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

I used to ride western trail rides and had horses most of my life. Unfortunately, I think my back problems were caused by rough riding and water skiing. I can't ride or ski anymore, nor play my music; lost interest there as well.

But keep it up, do everything you can while you can.

Again, she is Gorgeous!

BlueSky555
  5. kalina

kalina New Member

Your horse is gorgeous! At 2 years, I guess she's still too young to be ridden? I'm so sorry you aren't able to ride anymore -- that must be hard for you. I bet you're looking forward to driving her though!

I just had a basic horse when I was a teen, but my best friend had the most beautiful gray roan Arabian mare that she bought as a filly. I helped to train her, and later we rode for hours every chance we got. On the occasions when I could get my friend to switch horses for a while, it was like switching from a cheap Ford to a Lexus. Arabians are a dream to ride, and so intelligent!

Thanks for posting your pic for us to enjoy!

Kalina
  6. BethM

BethM New Member

Lovely filly! May you and she bring each other much joy and companionship. She really is beautiful!

Beth.
  7. kholmes

kholmes New Member

Thanks for posting your picture of her!
  8. lease79

lease79 New Member

She's very pretty, thankyou for sharing that pic :)
    My neddy is 27 now, a year older than me, so she'll be 28 this year ;)
  9. Lee151

Lee151 New Member

Lovely filly. I'm jealous. I've wanted a horse for almost forty years. I was able to learn to ride both English and Western and have shown some and ridden many different horses over the years but have never been able to own a horse.

I'd really like to learn to drive. One of my New Year's resolutions is to find lessons again (it is hard being an adult who does not have a horse) hopefully, driving lessons.

I quit the last trainer I took lessons with because she didn't "get" my Fibro and expected me to ride at a posting trot with no stirrups after missing a couple of weeks due to work. Put me into huge flares.

10. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

Your filly looks alot like ny mare Nightingale. she is an Arab QH cross and has the same head and body build. i am posting a picture today! i just love her to death and don't know what I would do with out my horse therapy!

Lee151- Don't give up just find the right trainer! I started back last summer after over 20 years. I was steered in the right direction by a friend and have found the most wonderful trainer and barn. she does push me some which is good but is very understanding. She let me comein and ride more than once per week to begin with at no extra charge. Her horses were not being used earlier in the day when I was there.

I started out by half leasing a TB mare for 5 months and then in December bought my dream horse. Riding was the first thing on my list when i started feeling better. Don't give up it is totally worth it! Also if you are having a hard time with the physical rigors of posting and jumping ect... Why not try dressage?? Working through the levels gives you goals. Lynn

11. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

What a lovely horse! You posted not only a lovely horse, but a great picture. I've always loved horses, but never had one. I drew them, though, as a kid. I used to buy the will James books and copy the illustrations. You are a lucky lady. Thanks for the post.

Terry
  12. lardsgirl

lardsgirl New Member

She is just beautiful..Her eyes show a sweet disposition..I am so happy that you able to enjoy them..isn't the smell of them worth it? There is nothing prettier than an Arab and to be able to drive and let other people see the versatility(sp) of an Arabian..We who love them can only beam with pride!!!!! "The outside of the horse is good for the inside of Man"
  13. horselover2

horselover2 New Member

hi sixtyslady
    your filly is absoultely beautiful!! i love arabs. i shared an anglo-arab with a friend . he was the best!! wonderful jumper, hardy, fit, great personality, a doll, alot of fun on trails( a little spooky) kept me on my toes!
    i loved him so. miss him.
    enjoy your filly. she must lift your mood everytime you see her!
    anne
  14. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

just posted another of our horses. Dakota bey. he's arabian and pinto he"s a 1/2 brother to my filly. I will be posted some different pic's in commimg weeks. sixtyslady
  15. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

Your horses are beautiful and you are a terrific photographer!
  16. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

I really ejoyed your picture also good looking horse and so alert can tell he was ready for that jump, there,s
    nothing like the feeling of being one with your horse.
    sixtyslady
  17. horselover2

horselover2 New Member

you are a great photographer- your horses are both beautiful. love to see more!
    anne
  18. petsrme

petsrme Member

Great pic!! Thank you so much for sharing.
  19. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

i miss riding so much :( my daughter has been going soppy over your horse and now she wants to start riding - i knew the day was coming that she would ask :)

thats a beautiful horse you have there :)
  20. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

Thanks! I definately have a thing for that Arab look as well as th TB look.

Smiffy- just think of how much confidence and responsibility your daughter will build learning how to ride and care for a horse. Plus it's mostly girls so as long as she is in love with the horses you don't have to worry about boys! HA

Seriously our barn is one of the few places you can drop off a 12 year old and leave them for a few hours and know they are safe and having fun shoveling poop, grooming and having fun! L