got a question for y'all

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by irishprincess, Jun 21, 2007.

1. irishprincess

irishprincess New Member

does anyone have the recipe persay or should i say mixture one can make that loosens or gets rid of ticks. i remember reading on this message board once before of some mixture you can make. the only thing i don't remember if it was only for humans or for animals too. i found a tick a small one on my poor cody my pomeranian this morning. i am hoping not to find anymore.
  2. sisland

sisland New Member

bump,,someone might know this remedy,,S
  3. maineweezie

maineweezie New Member

Hi Trish,

We had to spray our yards with an Ortho Brand bug juice a few years in a row but this year we've been tick free.Guess we must have destroyed the adult ones enough times so that no new ones can be hatched. Pets can get Lyme just like people do so we thought it was good to prevent if possible.

We used to pick them off and crush them, then treat the spot with alcohol. We were told not long ago to take a cotton ball covered with liquid soap and hold it on the tick for half a minute. The tick is supposed to back off and stay with the cotton but haven't needed to test it yet.

4. mscindy

mscindy New Member

A little girl in my Daycare had one, and one of my teachers put vaseline on it. It suffocated, and then was easy to pluck out! I watched. (can't stand those ticks!)