Got a script for tens and now insurance won't pay

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Charleen, May 4, 2006.

1. Charleen

Charleen New Member

I am in need of some advice I finnaly got my doc to give me a script for a Tens Unit. But now the insurance won't pay for it. I do not have the $160.oo to pay for it out right. Has anyone had this problem and if so what did you do about it? I am getting aggravated.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated
    Thank you
    Charleen
  2. jenni4736

jenni4736 New Member

I have a question for you...please tell me what a tens unit is? I have never heard of this before now.

jenni

EDIT* Never mind... I looked at a previuos post...Thanks[This Message was Edited on 05/04/2006]
  3. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Refused at first then the doctor wrote to them insisting it was absolutely needed and they paid up. TENS people will let you rent a machine from them also.

Love Anne C
  4. jhmitch

jhmitch New Member

Hi Charleen!

My insurance company refused to pay for the purchase of a TENS unit but did cover the rental payments on one (as long as I submitted a letter from my doctor saying a TENS was required).

This was strange because the total rental costs were much higher than the price to buy one outright.

Eventually, I bought a used TENS on my own.

Janice
  5. mrsjethro

mrsjethro New Member

They didn't want to pay for my TENS unit the first time they ran it through, either, but they coded it as durable medical equipment and sent in a "statement of need", (I think that's what they called it) and they paid for it the second go around.