Got another question, I probably already asked???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Sheila1366, Dec 20, 2005.

1. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

How many of us get sick on our stomachs and just can't eat or have lost their appetites?I continue to lose weight and my appetite is still very wishy washy.I am starting to wonder how much of this is FM or nerves.I did stop eating when I was 15 due to depression.But I am trying so hard to not be depressed.I push it in the back of my mind and just try to stay as busy as I can.Unless like today I am physically ill.
    Everyone is so happy about my weight loss.I have been a big girl for 12 years.I mean big.I am now down to a size 9,haven't been this size since I was 22.I can wear my wedding ring now,fingers aren't as fat.I wonder how much of that is driving me and has more to do with the not eating.I honestly do push the need for food out of my mind cause mostly I don't feel good and I think,well, I will lose more weight.Not a good way to think.I worry will I be able to stop this when I get do down to my old size 8.So I guess what I am saying I don't feel like eating and I don't push it.What a messed up mind I have sometimes.

Ok, give me some therapy everyone.This is free advice, the best kind and you all have always been the best at giving good advice.What's wrong with me?
    Sheila
  2. maggie3030

maggie3030 New Member

CYMBALTA HAS BEEN WORKING WELL FOR ME UNTIL THE PAST SIX WEEKS. BUT LATELY I'VE BEEN TO BLUE TO FEEL HUNGRY. HOWEVER, OTHERS KEEP COMMENTING ON MY WEIGHT LOSS, WHICH FEELS FLATTERING. GEEEZ, JUST CAN'T WIN FOR LOSING!!

I'M IN FAYETTEVILLE, WHERE ARE YOU?

GOD BLESS,

MAGGIE
  3. adirondackhoney

adirondackhoney New Member

if fibro caused my gastroparesis
  4. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

maybe you should go to a doctor and she if there is anything physically wrong first...then i would set an appointment up a with a psycologist and talk to them about your past and present depression....

i know how you must feel i little ego boost when people are recognizing your weightloss....

are there medications that you are taking w/side effects of weightloss?

maybe it is anxiety and/or anxiety that is causing this issue for you....

i wished that was one of my problems right now but it isn't..themeds have made my bikini model figure disappear.

but back to you i would make family docotor appt and start there, they will ask you more important questions and mau refer you to psychologist....

well take care and eat a little at a time thru out the day and wise choices of foods that go in...higher protein for muscles...

good luck

jodie
  5. PVLady

PVLady New Member

I had this happen and discovered I had gastric reflux and did not know it. Many times there are no symptoms except what you are describing.

I was sick for a year and lost alot of weight - could not eat etc. I finally saw a gastroenterologist and had a test called a endoscopy where they look at your esophagus and stomach. There was evidence of damage from gastric reflux. I had no idea I had this problem.

I started on Prevacid twice a day. It has been several months and I am much better now - almost normal. Please discuss this with your doctor and see if you can get checked out. You could actually try taking a "over the counter" med like Prilosec or Zantac which does the same thing as Prevacid and see if it help. It takes several weeks on these meds to see an improvement.

Lastly, these meds minimal side effects and are pretty safe to take. The best thing is to discuss this with your doctor.

6. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

Weightloss certainly is a problem for me. Never used to be but now I struggle to stay where I'm at. I'm almost 50, hypothyroid and with FM. Each decade I've gained 10 pounds! 130 in my 30's, 140 in my 40's but I jumped the gun and I'm now 152 and I'm not 50 for a few months!!

I am concerned that you're getting yourself in the the anorexia cycle. It's a very difficult thing to shut off. My daughter went through that and the only thing I think that saved her was getting pregnant.

My boss, who's a very tall woman, started a walking exercise program and dieting in August. She was losing 5lbs a week. (She was maybe 10 lbs over) She looks absolutely awful now. Size 8's are hanging off her and she's getting sick all the time.

My MIL also went through a phase in her 40's after having uterine cancer where she dropped down to 100lbs. Now, 20 years later, she has severe osteoporosis and is in constant pain. All this due to calcium deficiency when she was starving herself.

Please be very careful, and maybe talk to your family Dr about this. Starvation has a way of distorting your thoughts.

Regards and Merry Xmas

Eileen