Got Fired Today

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by optimiss, Aug 7, 2008.

1. optimiss

optimiss New Member

I had another panic attack at work so I left for lunch and then told them I couldn't work anymore today. I called my Boss on the way to my Doc. appt. and he said, I don't want you in here, I don't trust your work anymore. Something is very wrong and you need help now. Find someone that can help you and let me know if I can do anything.

He wasn't mean about it but I was devastated and completely fell apart. I got to my Dr. office and they said he's stuck in the ER and has cancelled his appt. for the rest of the day! OMG!!! This is the worst day!! I came home and cried and cuddled my little furbaby. I feel horrible!
  2. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

Oh Jacque, I'm sorry.
    Right now you just need to calm down and wiat to see your doctor. It sounds like your boss is really concerned about you. - sometimes we have to remember business is business and it does comes first.(unfortunately!!!) It doesn't make it any easier of course. It does sound like at least he was encouraging you to find some help.
    Without knowing details - think of it as an opporunity to get the help you need.
    We went through a job loss here just a couple of weeks ago - it is devastating no matter what the reason.You have my sympathy for having to go through that.

Take a day to just give yourself a mental break. NO thinking, just taking care of you, getting rest, pampering whatever.
    Hopefully you can get into see your Dr. soon - did they reschdule you?'

You should be eligible for unemployment if nothing else - at least try for it. have you had written warnings before?
    At least in our state you can file online.

Please keep us posted on upcoming happenings.
    Again, pls accept my sincere condolences - it's a tough tough thing to go through. TRY to look at it as a blessing in disguise. (that's what we're doing)
  3. willruthie1965

willruthie1965 New Member

Well document what he said.Ask him to write a letter stating how your work performance has gotten bad.This all could help with social security.Ruthie
  4. stumped

stumped New Member

Ruthie is correct about a recent history of work capability's that have declined in quality. One door shuts and another opens. The more your employer can put down the better it will be for you in the long run. Meanwhile, take it easy on your self. It is a great time to take care of you. Hope and pray the best for you.....Rick
  5. angelscutoo

angelscutoo New Member

Maybe if he sees you are getting the help you need he will reconsider. It is hard not having control of what happens. I feel for you. Remember that we all care about you and many have had some of the same experiences. In my case I had to take early retirement because my doctor gave me an ultimatum sp.? and I did what was in my best interest. Think about what you need and take care of yourself.

Take care and hopefully you can get to see your doc soon.
  6. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

for you. I got fired for the very first time in my life at age 47 and I was a it was a terrible experience for me.

I had battled FM for several years and the harder I tried the more errors I made. I was a total nervous wreck.

It took a long time, but eventually I decided it was a blessing in disquise.

I found a part time job about a month later from being fired and my health improved.

Good luck to you!!
  7. CKater

CKater New Member

Jacque, I just lost my job too, and I know how hard it is. Is it possible that your boss will reconsider and allow you to take FMLA and get the help you need and then return to your job? He sounds like he understands you need help. He can't fire you because you are sick, that is the law. I knw he's being "nice about it", but it's still the law. I hope you were able to reschedule with your doctor asap, I feel so bad for your day yesterday. I know first hand how devastating news like that is especially when you are sick. Please keep us updated and take care of yourself.
    [This Message was Edited on 08/08/2008]
  8. harmony21

harmony21 New Member

so sorry that you had to experience that but think maybe think that God does work in mysterious ways

Like ruthie said though document all and try not to stress as it only makes it all worse

come here and chat anytime

love and bear hugs

9. kking0412

kking0412 New Member

I am so sorry (((((((gentle hugs)))))) to hear that. have you applied for disability? I got fired for very similar reasons and just got my approval letter ~ disability back to the date I lost my job, if that;s any comfort.......
  10. optimiss

optimiss New Member

Your encouraging words really help! My Boss is a great Guy. I was at the Pharmacy for 5 1/2 yrs. and I really enjoyed what I did. He did everything he could to work around my DD and he saw me struggling. He takes my Parents meds. to them personally and when he delivered them the night he let me go, he talked to them and told them how much he liked me and was really concerned for me because he has watched me go downhill and knows I'm very sick. He encouraged me to get help and said "I will help you any way I can". He said he would call or write potential employers for me if I looked for new work!

I have an appt. with a Psych. next Wed, my first ever. I saw my Dr. yesterday, he's so wonderful! We sat and talked, went over my meds. and he encouraged me to not be hard on myself. He said this DD effects every part of you, not just physically but Mentally and Spiritually, so you're bound to struggle. You are gonna be okay, you're not crazy! I'm so grateful to have a good Dr.!
    Love to you all!
    PS I have applied for unemployment and will talk to the Psych. Dr. about Disability....[This Message was Edited on 08/09/2008]
  11. jenn_c

jenn_c New Member

I was a direct care worker for over 10 years. When my company changed bosses we got a witch. I asked to go part time because of the fibro. She agreed and then called me the next day as I was driving between clients and told me that she was putting me on a indefinite LOA until I could pass a drug test. I was hysterical and told her that everything I take is prescribed by my doctor. It didn't matter to her though. I went to my doctor crying my eyes out. He asked mewhy I wanted to work and I told him because I was too young not too. He said that I had every right to stop working and that it would benefit me in the long run. So I agreed and applied for ss. I was accepted and even though I miss my clients I do not miss work. It is better for me to be home. I am sorry you had to experience this, but maybe in the long run it will be better for you too. Good luck.