GOT FIRST SS DISABILITY CHECK TODAY YEY

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by desertbreeze, May 2, 2007.

1. desertbreeze

desertbreeze New Member

for everyone waiting keep patient you will win your case it took me almost 3 years but i finally got my first check this morning. it should of been automatic deposit but -------- keep on top of the ssa because i called in to them months ago and they still screwed up and mailed me a check.

i have called them sometimes every few days because they all say something different. today i spoke to a nice young man and he gave me great info on my back pay when on monday the old guy i spoke to was so rude to me and didnt even want to tell me anything. well anyway hang in there all you new ssd applicants YOU WILL WIN--desertbreeze---ps its a beautiful day here in vegas
  2. Fredericka

Fredericka New Member

Congrats!! I'm sure it was a terrible fight and your story gives me and others hope.

What a relief for you, I'm sure. Now kick back, relax and celebrate!

I have yet to make that first phone call. Draggin' feet, it's hard!

I hope this makes your life easier. Best of all to you!
  3. Didoe

Didoe New Member

Three years
    ...what a testament to your strength and courage.
    G-d bless and congratulations for being acknowledged by 'the system' and getting what you need and deserve.
  4. momof471

momof471 New Member

That's wonderful news! Enjoy the new check!

God Bless
  5. jmq

jmq New Member

hearing such great news! Thanks for the encouragement.
    jmq
  6. obrnlc

obrnlc New Member

hi desertbreeze--
    how long ago did you get your approval letter? I see you had to make alot of phone calls--i just got approv. on friday, so i'm real nervous about waiting as long as you, i have maxed out my debts LONG AGO and can't wait to start getting them paid off!
    my time from 1st file--approval was 2yrs/8months!
    did you call the 800 # or local office?
    its a gorgeous day here in west. PA, too, and i have been looking thru rose colored glasses since the letter came!!!!
    thanks for the encouragement!--L
  7. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

yeah for you...you must be soooo relieved. I filed a couple of months ago, I know I have a while;) But it is great to know that with patience it can happen.

Hugs,
    Deb
  8. BobinGermany

BobinGermany New Member

Way to go!!!! I am so happy for you!

God Bless,
    Bob
  9. tkslave

tkslave New Member

Congrats desertbreeze, I received my first check today. Feels good doesn't it. I waited 3 1/2 years. got approved March 2007. First monthly check today still waiting on back pay, ss sent back pay on my children 2 weeks ago. What a relief. So happy for both of us. Lisa
  10. jole

jole Member

WAY TO GO!!! So happy for both of you....I just filed a couple of months ago so the loonggg wait has just begun for me. I know it will be worth it, but it is so good to hear from people like you......the stress and pain of not only filing but waiting is terrible. Didn't know it could be so hard!!

Good luck to you both....
  11. Engel

Engel New Member

12. fieldmouse

fieldmouse New Member

Congratulations.....I have been through two denials and am now waiting for a hearing. I am curious what you went through with the system during the hearing process? Did you have to see there doctors or go thru any of the type of stuff I here others talking about? Also, do you know anyone who has been denied after going all the way to they hearing process? Thanks and Congrats again.....Mick!!
  13. desertbreeze

desertbreeze New Member

HI THANKS FOR THE EMAIL BACK. WELL AFTER MY HEARING BACK ON JULY 24,2006 THE JUDGE SENT ME TO THE SSD SHRINK. IT WAS AWFUL. I THROUGHT THIS IS BLANKITY BLANK. ANYWAY IT ALL WENT MY WAY AFTER ALL OF THE WAITING. THE DOCTORS APPT. WASNT UNTIL OCT. 6 2006 AND THEN ANOTHER LONG WAIT. IT SEEMED FOR EVER. SO SEE ITS A TERRIBLE PROCESS IN WHICH IM SURE YOU ALL READY KNOW. AND I JUST REC. MY DECISION LETTER ON MARCH 12,2007. AND IM STILL WAITING ON MY BACK PAY BUT I DID RECIEVE A BIG CHECK FROM SSI. SO THE JUDGE REALLY WASNT THAT BAD TO ME AFTER THE LONG LONG WAIT. AND WHAT A BURN ON BINDER AND BINDER THEY ONLY REC. THE LEAST AMOUNT THAT AN ATTORNEY CAN GET, BECAUSE I FIRED THEM AFTER THE HEARING BECAUSE THE ATTORNEY WAS SO LAME. AND THE JUDGE DIDNT LIKE HIM EITHER. WELL GOTTA GO FOR NOW. DIAG. WITH FIBRO AFTER NUMEROUS TEST IN JUNE 2004.
  14. Bren5

Bren5 New Member

I'm still waiting for a hearing date, I know my file is at our State SS office and according to my attorney, I'm not on the books anytime soon. I'm filing for MS and FMS, and hope and pray it doesn't take years and years.
  15. FANNtasy

FANNtasy New Member

Congrats to all the lucky recipients!!! A sigh or relief Im sure. I only applied for my SSDI about a month ago. I hope I dont have to wait as long as you all have!!!!! But good things come to those who wait.
    Feel Well, Felicia