Got high EBV antibodies--now what?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TaniaF, Sep 9, 2002.

1. TaniaF

TaniaF Member

Just got my results from an EBV blood profile. I've been fighting with doctors for years to have this simple test.
    Anyway, does anyone understand these results?
    IgG 111 (H) should be less than 20
    IgM 5 (this is normal)
    EBV nuclear antigen Ab IgG 57 (H) should be less 20
    EBV early antigen Ab IgG Positive

The doctor said I don't have current EBV like mono, but I have a lot of EBV antibodies in me. Said there is no cure, this is why I have fibro and CFS. Now what??? Do your doctors tell you that there are more tests to take or meds to take. What about supplements? These doctors in FL are not knowledble. Thought about Dr. Keller but it's too much hassle to see him--distance wise and the fact you only see his associates. Other than regular vitamins and minerals--should I be on something special. I know I also have high candida through a blood test I took for food sensitivities. Please any advice will be so helpful!!!!
    Hugs,
    Tania
  2. TaniaF

TaniaF Member

Just got my results from an EBV blood profile. I've been fighting with doctors for years to have this simple test.
    Anyway, does anyone understand these results?
    IgG 111 (H) should be less than 20
    IgM 5 (this is normal)
    EBV nuclear antigen Ab IgG 57 (H) should be less 20
    EBV early antigen Ab IgG Positive

The doctor said I don't have current EBV like mono, but I have a lot of EBV antibodies in me. Said there is no cure, this is why I have fibro and CFS. Now what??? Do your doctors tell you that there are more tests to take or meds to take. What about supplements? These doctors in FL are not knowledble. Thought about Dr. Keller but it's too much hassle to see him--distance wise and the fact you only see his associates. Other than regular vitamins and minerals--should I be on something special. I know I also have high candida through a blood test I took for food sensitivities. Please any advice will be so helpful!!!!
    Hugs,
    Tania
  3. mlw

mlw New Member

Tania: I live in Miami and Dr. Keller is my doctor. I know it is a hassle to see him and it took me 3 months on a waiting list to see him. BUT IT IS WORTH IT. You see, I had EB 2 years ago and since then I have been feeling so-so. Prior to Dr. Keller, I saw 3 internist and they had no idea what they are looking for. You must go to Biodoron and the reasons are: 1) They have state-of-the art laboratories 2) You get a chance to see 3 of the doctors and Jamie, the nurse practioner, which is one of the best nurse practioners I have ever met. 3) Biodoron runs highly sophisticated tests that regular doctors won't run because the insurance companies won't pay. Dr. Keller says he doesn't let the insurance companies regulate him. I am very pleased with them and I am currently in treatment becuase even though my EBV titres are high, I also have HHV6 and you must be on anti-viral medicines (Valtrex or Famvir). Also, they discovered that I had on free floating testosterone. They are helping with that. They also did a stool sample which they send out to a great laboratory (Great Smoky Laboratories) and I have bacterial overgrowth in the intestine. SO you see Tania, it is not so simple. THis is a immune disfunction. Biodoron will help you in the long run. I don't know of any other doctor in Miami that will listen to you and run all these sophisticated tests like Biodoron. I know it is a hassle to go there. Believe me, I have to go every 6 weeks and drive from South Miami to Hollywood, but they have given me hope!. Call me if you want to discuss. 305.789.1550.

MLW
  4. AnnetteP

AnnetteP New Member

About the only thing you can do to specifically target your EBV antibodies is to build up your NKCs (natural killer cells) which in turn can kill the antibodies. There is no drug or OTC supplement that can reduce your antibodies; only your body can do so, given the proper tools, ie. NKC enhancing products. I take Immune Support Factors, but there are tons of others on the market. The best way is to test your NKCs, take one of the products, and test again. If you improve in that area, great, if not, switch to another product, til you find the one that works for you. This can sometimes take months, so be patient.

Hope this helps,
    Annette
  5. ali-may

ali-may New Member

I have EBV and have just started taking Olive Leaf Extract. This is supposed to strengthen your immune system, plus help with EBV and yeast infections. You might want to try this.

Alison