Got Igenex Lyme results...please help

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by liberty143, Apr 25, 2008.

1. liberty143

liberty143 New Member

finally could afford are results..
    could y'all help interpret them?

IFA, B Burgdorferi G/M/A 1:40 titer (indeterminate)

Lyme, IgG Western Blot (Igenex negative)
    18 kDa neg
    22 kDa neg
    23-25 kDa neg
    28 kDa neg
    30 kDa neg
    31 kDa Indeterminate
    34 kDa neg
    39 kDa indeteminate
    41 kDa positive (*)
    45 kDa neg
    58 kDa positive (*)
    66 kDa neg
    73 kDa neg
    83-93 kDa neg

Lyme IgM Western Blot

18 kDa neg
    22 kDa neg
    23-25 kDa indeterminate
    28 kDa neg
    30 kDa neg
    31 kDa double positive (**)
    34 kDa neg
    39 kDa indeterminate
    41 kDa positive (*)
    45 kDa neg
    58 kDa neg
    66 kDa neg
    73 kDa neg
    83 - 93 kDa positive (*)

Doesn't seem that reactive...
    Thanks for your input.

2. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

This shows quite a bit of activity that is specific for lyme. If you don't have an LLMD, I would advise finding one to show these results to.

I think you need to be treated for lyme, but am not an expert.

take care,
  3. liberty143

liberty143 New Member

since 1985 when I hiked all the time. I developed 'a really bad flu' that summer, then two weeks later a Left Bundle Branch Heart Block, then the aching in the flesh all the time, then horrible fatigue and then eventually mild cardiomyopathy in the early '90's when I was finally diagnosed with FM.
    There were no Lyme tests (no one even thought about it in the '80's) then and I don't find any medical literature about FM and the heart stuff but I did find quite a bit about Lyme and the heart stuff.
    Over the years I have ached more and more, had developed worse fatigue (I work still) and now my joints are stiffening up.
    I think my symptoms fit the diagnosis but I would have had it for a long time.

Thanks for taking the time to write back.
  4. monicaz49

monicaz49 New Member

double on band 31 is pretty lyme specific.
    Do you for sure have lyme??.....some would say yaaaa...some no way.

5. bunnyfluff

bunnyfluff Member

To the Die Lyme Die Club!!

I posted on the other board as well. 31 & especially 41 are SPECIFIC to Lyme. You don't have to have any others to be positive.

Run, don't walk to a LLMD.

6. munch1958

munch1958 Member

My test came out negative but I have just about recovered my health with Lyme treatment consisting of:

hormones to replace deficient ones;
    Vitamin B12 shots for fatigue (which I no longer have - YIPEE!);
    yeast meds;
    ABX for Borrelia and Bartonella and;
    anti-milaria meds for Babesia.

My results were "NEGATIVE" but that doesn't matter since I have a history of two different EM rashes plus a funky hand rash. Lyme is a clinical diagnosis to be made by a knowledgeable doctor in an office. PERIOD!!!!

Here's my results:

IGM: ** 30 ++, **34 IND, ** 39 IND ** 41

IGG: **31 IND, **39 IND, ** 41 ++ 58 ++

Based on the revised WB criteria for Lyme disease on Dr Kent Holtorf's website, I am positive. The FFC protocol is based on the work of Dr Holtorf. He had CF and cured himself using the treatments he developed.

1. Reflects antibody response to specific Bb antigens

2. Different sensitivities and specificities of the bands

3. Some bands are potentially seen in different bacteria- “nonspecific bands”

4. Some bands are specific to spirochetes

5. Some bands are specific to Bb

6. Specific: 18, 23-25, 28, 31, 34, 37, 39, 58, 83 & 93

7. Spirochetes in general: 41 (flagellum)

8. First immune response if present is usually 41 and 23 KD bands

9. Response to the 31 KD proteins is not usually seen for a year after initial infection

1. IGG WB 5 of the 10 bands (18,23,28,30,39,41,45,58,66)

2. Criteria based on early Lyme

3. IGENEX adds 3 specific bands (31,83 and 34) and 3 non-specific bands (22,37,73)

1. IGM WB 2 of the 3 bands 23, 39, 41

2. IGENEX adds 3 specific bands (31,34 and 83) and 3 non-specific bands (22,37,73)

1. IGG WB: 2 specific band criteria has demonstrated improved sensitivity and maintained specificity

2. Can diagnosis Lyme if any one band (IgG or IgM) of 18, 23, 28, 39 or 58 kDa or if any 2 or more of the following bands are present; 30,45,41 and 93

3. If negative or require further confirmation, can obtain IGENEX WB (adds specific bands of 31, 34 an 83, which are typically seen in chronic disease)

4. Positive if any one band of 18, 23, 28,31,34, 39, 58 or 83

5. If positive for Borrelia on any test, consider testing for neurotoxins

6. Consider testing for co-infections

7. Check for coagulation defect (See Hypercoaguable State in CFS and FM)

Under point #2 it says Lyme can be diagnosed if any two of these bands are present. I have band 30 & 41 ++.

Under point #4 it says that Lyme can be diagnosed if any of these one bands are present. I have band 58 ++.

Just compare your results with the above and look into the testing for borrelosis section on:
  7. liberty143

liberty143 New Member

My cardiologist just OKed a referral to a local ID doc who's nurse tells me eats "a lot" of Chronic Lyme.

So, I will see what this new, young doc says..
    Thanks to everyone who took the time to write back and
    my thoughts are with everyone who comes to this forum.

8. EricaCFIDS

EricaCFIDS New Member

Thanks for sharing/posting your test results!

I know it doesn't seem that reactive, but any activity is reactive. The only true negative is NO activity at all. I'm still learning too, but many of the bands you have activity on are very important ones for lyme. Even an "IND" indicates significant activity.

I agree with the others. See a lyme literate doctor! CFS/FM are symptoms of lyme. I've had CFIDS for a long time and think it is also lyme. I also have some virus issues and lots of hormone deficiencies - all part of CFS/FM, which can be part of lyme or caused by it.

I'm all about getting to the cause!! It looks like you found yours!! Congratulations!! ( :

Good luck!
  9. EricaCFIDS

EricaCFIDS New Member

What ever happened? Please give us an update. It looks like you were definitely onto something here!

All the best,
  10. victoria

victoria New Member

was bumped... but then saw all your posts here and on the lyme board about your results!

So glad you go the dx!

all the best,

11. buttercakes

buttercakes New Member

Congrats on your positive test, now you can start the healing process. I noticed you are from kentucky,have you ever had chiggers? I lived there about 20 years ago and got them all over my calves, my LLMD says you can get Lyme from chiggers. Good Luck and happy healing, Sandie
  12. Dee911Lady

Dee911Lady New Member

I would love to talk to you more about Lyme and which Doctors you are going to.

I don't know how to give you any information though as it seems all email addy's are removed :(
  13. EricaCFIDS

EricaCFIDS New Member

You can set a time to meet in the chat rooms, then go to a private one and it's okay to exchange emails or information there! it's great!

Good luck! It's smart of you to look into lyme.