Got letter up for 3 year SSDI review anyone been there?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ckball, Jun 14, 2006.

1. ckball

ckball New Member

I got the letter the other day. Just questions about what I have done since June 2004. Any work, hospitalizations, Dr visits. etc.

They said based on my answers I may or may not be required to see their Dr. I have times when I have been better but I have been worse too. Especially lately.

My lyme test was negative but I am still sick. See Dr tomorrow.

Has anyone been reviewed and approved without a ss Dr appt. ?

Thanks- Carla
  2. suz9601

suz9601 Member

Sorry I cant help you since I will be up for review soon myself. I wanted to know if June 3 years ago was when you were approved or when they went back to when they saw you as disabled .. or after the 6 month waiting period? Just curious as it will be 3 years since I started getting money this month and I didnt know which date they went by.
    Hope this makes sense..

Thanks
    Suz
    [This Message was Edited on 06/14/2006]
  3. JLH

JLH New Member

Yes. I have had 2 reviews since my SSDI was granted.

Both times I received the same paper that you describe to complete and return.

Each time, I received a letter about 6-8 weeks later saying that they had no problems in continuing my SSDI at that time.

I did not have to go to any doctors, etc. I just completed the paper truthfully--because they CAN contact your doctors if they so desire.

It asked if my doc had discussed me returning to work -- and my answer was NO.

It asked if I was feeling better or worse -- my answer was Worse! Because I am feeling worse and my doctor would attest to it.

I don't think you will have any problems.

Hugs,
    Janet
  4. SeaShel

SeaShel New Member

Hi Carla - take this with a grain of salt, because it seems that *everyone* has a different experience. I have been on ssdi for over 10 years, have been reviewed about every 2, and never seen one of their drs. My docs notes/letter have always worked, along with the bazillion page form they send you.

The same advice applies as your inital approval, answer all questions as if it's your worse day.

An interesting thing is that one time the review paperwork came from New York state, and I live in AZ. I called to sayt there must be a mistake, and according to them, SS will contract with different states to do the review. Weird.

Each review has had somewhat different paperwork and things they wanted. One wanted a set of paperwork filled out from a close family member or friend. My former husband did it for me. I thought that was an odd request since if you are scamming the system, it's probably easy to have a dishonest friend help you out. Anyway, in my case, my ex knew better than anyone who and how I used to be compared to now.

good luck, and try not to worry!
  5. TXFMmom

TXFMmom New Member

Got the letter, started preparing, then got another letter saying, ignore the other letter.

Then, all I had to do was complete a form asking whether I had improved, stayed the same, worsened.

I completed it, listed all my doctors, conditions, procedures, status and that was all it took.

You may have to have more, but if you have not improved or have worsened, usually there isn't any problem.
  6. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

Oh my, is this for everyone on SSD? After all of the information I have filled out and all I have read on here and the website, I missed this somewhere.

I'm in the process but no results yet.

Just curious. Carla; you seem to be getting some good information.

Good Luck,
    BlueSky555
  7. ckball

ckball New Member

working May 31, 2002- applied for SSDI 12/02, got SSDI July 2003. They went back to Dec 2002 with my back payments. So It looks like they are going by my acceptance date in July 2003.

Where have those 3 years gone??? Sometimes memory problems can be postitive,lol

I should not have a problems since I tested positive for diabetes today, fasting blood sugar of 160. Mom, dad, grandfather and daughter have, I've expected it someday.

Just another dd to add to my list on my form to send back to SSDI.

Thanks for your help-Carla
  8. aka1977

aka1977 New Member

I been disabled since 2002, found in 2001 backpay, you know. Well I had my first review in Jan/05, I had to go see a counsler both times. it took along time to get a reply I sent in the papers in 1/05, went to see counsler, 3/05, and didn't get my continuation paper till 7/05, I was told they were really behind when I called to ask what was taking so long. Hope that helps, good luck.
  9. suz9601

suz9601 Member

Thanks Carla..I will be getting one soon too then.

Take care,
    Suz