Got My Angel Food Today

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mikie, Jun 28, 2008.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I just got back from picking up my Angel Food order. It is a lot of food for the money spent and it is good food of the highest quality. I got one bonus package for $20 and it looks like a gift box from Omaha Steaks. With the $30 basic package, I probably have enough food easily for a month. I will still have to buy some milk, bread, and fresh produce. I have budgeted another $50 for that for the month of July.

Normally, I spend around $200 a month for food. I'm trying to cut that in half with the Angel Food. I'll let y'all know how it goes. Based on what I read from those who got the food at the end of May, and what I got myself today, it appears to be a great program.

It's not charity and no one has to qualify financially. Churches buy the food wholesale and volunteers make up the packages. It's like buying wholesale.

Y'all can find out about the program in your area if you check out Angel Food online.

Love, Mikie
  2. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

They have it here too. They do do a lot of meat and we are largely veggies here. But I keep telling my neighbors about it. Someone said they also do a dried food package that has basics in.

BILLCAMO New Member

I'm happy the program is working out for you !

Alas , Angel Food is not available in our area.

We have to rely on the Food Bank programs.

Blessings ,

4. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

To save the the time to look it up, it is:

When I heard about it in my area, the were giving out quite a bit of frozen food. You would need to have freezer space for it.
  5. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

I like the concept and it is a good service project for people......I just wish we had it in our area! I think it would save us some money.
  6. justjanelle

justjanelle New Member

I just Googled it and found the following list of participating areas. I don't have any close to me, but hopefully it will help someone else out!

Best wishes,