Got My Copy Of "Project Day Lily"

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mikie, Jun 13, 2006.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I've only read about 70 pages; I just got it last evening. It's taken several weeks for it to come in to B&N. So far, I am enjoying it but it is also bringing up old pain and anger. It is also making me so grateful that I didn't get as sick as Nancy Nicolson. I was very, very sick but nowhere nearly as sick as she was. I found it interesting that her left side was paralyzed. The mycoplasma infection left my legs crippled for months. I could barely get around.

It appears that Nancy was infected directly through a vaccine. My infection was likely a second-hand infection contracted from a sick soldier out in the 1990 holiday shopping crowds. I got sick Dec. 24, 1990. For any who have not heard what triggered my illnesses full blown, I lived next to a military facility where soldiers were receiving their vaccinations prior to the war. I shopped at the mall and grocery store where the soldiers shopped.

I thought I had dealt with my pain and anger issues surrounding how I got so sick but reading this book is bringing it all back. It's probably healthy to confront my feelings again, now that so much time has passed and I've made progress with my overall health. Some other trigger might have made me ill anyway as PWC seem to have defective genes which predispose us to these illnesses. Still, all my life, I was able to come back from triggers until the mycoplasma infection. I've never been the same since that infection.

I'm anxious to read more of the Nicolsons' story. For me, this book is so personal because of the mycoplasma and the military coincidence/connection. My own research has led me to believe, even before this book, that there is a conspiracy and cover up. Some of y'all may have read that I sent for my medical records from the doc near the military base to see what strain(s) of mycoplasma infection I had. There was no lab slip from the lab where the active infection showed up and there was no mention of a mycoplasma infection anywhere. I had had two appts., two courses of ABX, and x-rays of my legs because of the crippling. Nothing in the records. The only thing was a copy of the phone message when I called to get my lab results. I can understand a lab slip being misfiled, but it is really strange that there is no mention of anything in my chart.

Love, Mikie
  2. victoria

victoria New Member

I'm eager to read it, plus Lab *** whatever the number was, about the Plum Island research labs (my son took that since he's dx'd with Lyme now)...

but also reluctant at the same time even tho so far as I know I don't have myco or lyme... I still get really really angry at and about this type of stuff. Too many times our gov't researchers have been out of control and done unethical experimentation.

best,
    Victoria
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I stopped reading in the middle of "Lab 257" to read "Project Day Lily." The first one is good but it's a tad more dry due to the documentary style. The Nicolsons turned their own story into a novel--fiction format. It makes for a bit more interesting of a read. Only problem is that the only people I've been able to identify, besides the Nicolsons, is Dr. Shin Lo who is called, Ming Lon in the book. Any one else been able to recognize any of the other characters?

Love, Mikie
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Anyone else gotten further along? Anyone recognize some of the other characters?

Love, Mikie
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Of Drs. Garth & Nancy Nicolson's fight to find the cause of Gulf War Illness and a treatment for it. It is based on facts.

I gotta tell y'all that I am a bit disappointed and having a hard time sticking with the book. There is far too much dialog and it isn't in proper form, leaving one to get lost in trying to figure out who is saying what. The Nicolsons should have hired a really good editor to cut way down on a lot of the extraneous material. They repeat themselves constantly. The book is far too thick.

Both of these docs are my heros but this book smacks of revenge. I can understand wanting to lash out at those who tried to harm them, but they go on and on, ad naseum, describing everyone else in the book as untalented scientific hacks, unfeeling sociopaths, and physically unattractive people. This is waaaaay beneath the level to which these two should be lowering themselves.

It isn't easy to write fiction with style and a story line to keep the reader engaged. Even the best have editors to keep them on track. I wish this were a better book. At this rate, I may not finish it. As it is, I'm skipping over the long diatribes and redundant conversations of the scientists involved in the plot.

I still hold the Nicolsons in high esteem for their courage and contributions to the research and treatment of GWI. Without them, I would likely never have improved. I do hope, though, that they get an editor to shape up what might be a good book with some professional help.

Love, Mikie
  6. sues1

sues1 New Member

What do you think about Chem-trails? Susan
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I think it is well within the realm of possibility that planes have been used to experiment on civilian populations but, knowing what I know about atmospheric conditions, I do not believe every contrail from a plane is such an experiment. Contrails are formed the same way clouds are formed. They are condensation in the air.

It would not be very feasible to spray chemicals or biological agents at high altitude and yet, that is where chemtrails form, above the dew point altitude. If spraying from a plane is done in experiments, it is unlikely that anyone would see a chemtrail from it.

The cluster outbreak of CFIDS in the 1950's in Punta Gorda, FL followed aerial spraying by the govt. who used the excuse of mosquitos. At the time, the mosquito story didn't hold up. All over FL, they spray for mosquitos. It would be very easy to use this to test chemicals or biologicals.

I have no doubt that our govt. has been experimenting with chemical and biological weapons for decades on nursing home residents, prisoners, military personnel, and civilians. They have been lax with security and some of the experiments have gone horribly awry. They opened a Pandora's Box which can never be shut and may be responsible for many of our illnesses.

Still, I don't see conspiracy around every corner. I think the whole contrail thing was easy to use to spread fear because you can actually see them. Back when I was a kid, it was military jets which left them contrails. I think this may be where the stories started. Back then, the airlines used prop planes and you didn't see the contrails from them like you do now.

Just my opinion but I think there are far easier ways to experiment.

Love, Mikie
  8. Scapper

Scapper New Member

Mikie -- sorry to hear the book is so long winded. I'm not sure I'd be able to get through something like that. Reading remains very difficult for me, even on my best day.

I'm not surprised that reading this book would bring up old feelings. Knowing exactly how you got it, knowing it was out of negligence and then suffering so greatly, how could it not bring up feelings!

It struck me when you mentioned that you had crippling leg pains. I too would get very difficult to describe pain in my quadiceps, making it so painful to walk. This happened immediately with the sudden onset for me as well. I struggled for years with it.

Not sure if you remember me, but I'm still working on EBV w/ my practitioner. According to him, it's almost out, but I'm feeling no difference whatsoever. I'm assuming the next layer will be mycoplasma, unless I have something else that rears its ugly head before that journey. I pray all of this energy, detox, etc, brings me to a better place!

My practioner recommended a book regarding the gov't experimenting w/ myco in WWII but I didn't write it down, therefore forgot. I'll have to ask him again. I wouldn't mind knowing how this all came about.

Anyway, thanks for reporting back on Project Day Lily. I thought of attempting it but not so sure I could absorb it.

Be well, Scapper

[This Message was Edited on 06/15/2006]
  9. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Yes, I do remember you. Right now, my memory is horrible because I've been sick since Easter.

What my doc and I found is that if one has a bacterial infection and it goes untreated, the viral infections will not go away. The body is just too run down to deal with them. My treatments overlapped and I was taking the Doxy along with the Famvir for a while. It wasn't until the mycoplasma infection was under control that whatever Herpes-Family Virus(es) had reacted got under control.

Have you considered one of the TF's which target EBV? There are several and I believe them to be superior to AV's. I think the best approach is to take AV's to get the viral load down and then switch to the TF's. Three months on the TF's is Dr. Joseph Brewer's Protocol and then you only pulse them for a couple of days every 4-6 weeks. The TF's pack a powerful punch and I could only sprinkle some of the powder under my tongue the first month on them and work up to full capsules.

There is a TF for mycoplasmas which ProHealth sells on another website for physicians. That TF is only sold to physicians. The Doxy worked so well for me, and also cleared up my IBS, that I'm glad I took it; however, knowing what I know now, I might have switched to the TF at a certain point.

If you want to try the TF's, you can print out some material on them to show to your doc. There is a lot of info on the web and here in the store. I haven't looked in the Library here but I would imagine there is info there too.

Good luck and keep us updated.

Love, Mikie
  10. carebelle

carebelle New Member

mikie ,
    what is a TF?I have a friend who has epsten bar virus all the time and has been tested for years where it shows its always active.

Do you mind if I ask how did you get sick from a soldier ?Did you have fluid or blood contact I do not understand how you got this if it is not surpose to be catching.

let me also say thank you for being so open with many of us .I realize how personal somethings about our health is and you share your opinions so freely.Alot of people would not.I am sure you help alot of people because you are so open.
  11. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

First, let me say that my Herpes infection is not genital Herpes but even if it were, I would not be embarrassed to talk about it. Several of our members have genital Herpes. I have never been tested for Herpes-Family Viruses. We found out quite by accident when I had to take Famvir as a preventative prior to my eyelid lift. I went into a temporary, but complete, remission. Most of us have from one to seven chronic stealth infections. The most common in the Herpes Family are EBV, CMV, and HHV-6. The HHV-6, A strain, is the most virulent and most difficult to control. Most with AIDS also have HHV-6.

TF's are Transfer Factors and are sold here. Different TF's target different pathogens. Live pathogens are used but only the "transfer info" contained in them is extracted. This cannot give one an infection but it does transfer the info to the immune system that the pathogen is present. The immune system reacts as though it has been invaded and recognizes the pathogens and kills them. TF's train the immune system much like vaccines do but they are safer, in my opinion. You can think of TF's as safe oral vaccines. Like injected vaccines, immunity isn't permanent and that is why they must be pulsed.

Mycoplasmas can live outside the body for several hours. If a sick soldier sneezed or coughed and I inhaled some of the spray, I could have been infected. If he or she coughed into his or her hand and touched a door handle and then I immediately touched it, I could have gotten sick that way. Once the infection goes chronic, only intimate contact will usually cause infection. When one first gets sick with a mycoplasma infection, it makes one very ill with what feels like the flu from hell. That is when one is likely to catch it from casual contact.

I had no idea when I started on the road to recovery that I would encounter so much info and have to do so much research. I also had no idea that what I had was likely connected to Gulf War Illness. What luck that I happened to remember that my doc at the time told me I had a mycoplasma infection. For some reason, it seemed important to me to remember that term as I had never heard of it before. It was also lucky that I happened to see the doc while I was still sick enough that the infection showed up on a routine blood test. Now, it would take a PCR DNA test to find it.

I believe that so many others are sick with multiple infections. That is what research is indicating. Sixty to seventy percent of those with FMS/CFIDS have chronic mycoplasma infections. Contact with mycoplasmas doesn't make everyone sick but usually, those with compromised immune systems will succumb. The Drs. Nicolson also found high percentages of infection in those with Lupus, MS, ALS, and Parkinsons. Whether this was by design of whomever weaponized mycoplasmas, or whether it is due to differences in genetic makeup, is yet unknown.

If my research helps just one other person, it is worth it. I firmly believe we are being way undertreated and that is why so many stay so ill. Most of the treatments offered are only band aids to help with the symptoms. Until there is a cure, even clearing up the infections won't make us completely well but unless we address the infections, I do not believe we can achieve any level of wellness. Like I've said, I'm nowhere near well, but I'm better than I was five years ago.

Right now, because I'm still sick with whatever respiratory illness the Red Tide triggered, I am back on the Doxy and Acyclovir. Two days ago, I had the diarrhea from hell and today I'm sweating profusely. The smell is unbelieveable. From prior experience, I know my body is killing pathogens and purging them. It's likely that both the mycoplasma and Herpes infections tried to reactivate while I've been sick and run down. It's a never ending battle but one I am winning, little by little.

Thanks again for you interest and for being so sweet.

Love, Mikie
  12. Scapper

Scapper New Member

Sorry to hear you're still battling this recent infection.

Thanks for taking the time to shed more light on the different angles to hit mycoplasma.

The problem for me with Transfer Factors is I don't have the support from a doctor. My prior M.D. did not believe in them, therefore I didn't want to take them on my own knowing I would have no support while being sick (herxing, etc.)

Now I'm seeing a wholistic practitioner who has "his" own way of tackling these infections/viruses, etc.

I would usually have no problem going about it myself, but knowing how sick you get and not having anyone to bounce some of it off of is a difficult burden to bear. It seems to be pretty much how I've spent the last 11 years. It's difficult w/o support.

It making more and more sense to me, the longer I'm sick, that the underlying reason I'm so viral for so many years is mycoplasma. I've gone through treatment for 4 viruses, mercury toxicity, mercury fillings removed, and never feeling any difference. At times I'm baffled as to why I'm still so sick and why these same viruses reactivate. It's beginning to make some sense to me now.

Well, since we're getting my viral load down (again) and working on trying to get me some sleep, hopefully this will give my body the resources to withstand mycoplasma treatment.

In the meantime, I'll read up on transfer factors again so I have some options when we are at that phase.

Thank you so much again. Each time I read about myco, usually from you, I get a little more understanding to this jigsaw puzzle and the fear of tackling this lessens just a bit.

Feel better and thanks for listening :)

Scapper
  13. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Best of luck to you with whatever you decide to do. It has taken me years of reading, researching, and just plain trying things to get to where I am.

The people on the TF board were a big help to me when I started the TF's. The Heparin injections caused the worst immune reaction of anything I've tried. I guess I'm willing to go through feeling lousy if it helps me in the long run. I was one sick puppy and felt I had very little to lose by trying these things. Now, the FFC's are doing them routinely, based on each patient's needs. The only thing they don't do is the Guai Protocol and I'm not sure why. It has been so helpful for me and others.

The more success we have treating the infections, the more likely docs are going to be willing to treat them. I feel very, very fortunate that I was able to get these treatments when they were really cutting edge.

Love, Mikie
  14. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Mikie:

I have heard the same about GWI and belive every word of it.
    Personally, I do not trust the government and believe they know more about FM/CFS than they are letting on.

By no means a conspiracy theory, but food for thought.

nyrofan
  15. Scapper

Scapper New Member

For now I have faith in the work my practiioner does.

As we get EBV out, he's working on getting me to be able to sleep. Even if I get some improvement, it's better than none. It's been a very very long time since I've been able to sleep and this has weakened my body tremendously.

He has his own protocol for mycoplasma but it's pretty harsh. I'm going to give it another go and use the transfer factors as a back-up.

Thanks again.

scapper
  16. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

That a doc who worked with the Dept. of Defense holds a patent on the weaponized mycoplasmas clenched it for me. When you work in research, whether in govt. or in the private sector, you never get to hold patents. You always sign away the rights to any patients when you are employed or signed on as a contractor. The govt. obviously wanted nothing to do with a patent on this mycoplasma and let Dr. Lo have it. I'm sure he never thought any of this would come to public light. He has always claimed to have been working on a cure for mycoplasma infections. I don't buy it.

Hell, our govt. can't even run FEMA or protect our borders. Whoever thought they could be trusted to run a biological warfare project? If you read "Lab 257," you can see just how incompetent they are.

They made no bones about being involved in the aerial spraying in Punta Gorda, FL, which spawned a cluster outbreak of CFIDS way back in the 1950's. That was when our biological warfare program really kicked into high gear because we feared the Russians were also experimenting with germ warfare. Both the US and the Russians were bidding for the services of the Nazi docs and researchers who developed germ warfare for Hitler. The effort to get them to come to the U.S. was called, Project Paperclip.

They also lured rocket scientists, like Werner Von Braun. They helped speed up our space efforts as we raced with the Russians for mastery of space.

None of these men ever faced war crime trials after WWII. On the contrary, they were brought here and treated very well.

What is even scarier than our own bumgling of germ warfare research is what may have happened to the labs in the old Soviet Union when it broke up. The researchers were left with no jobs and the economy was miserable. The labs were abandoned. Some of the researchers may have been so desperate as to sell the biological materials on the black market to terrorists.

Thing with many of these biological weapons is that we wouldn't know immediately if they were unleashed on us. Like with the mycoplasmas, we just get sick. Of course, there are now biologicals which would immediately make us sick. I often have to wonder when new illnesses break out whether they are from nature or mankind.

Love, Mikie
  17. Scapper

Scapper New Member

I have to get my hands on a good book. I'm pretty much in the dark on this subject and I would really like to know more.

Suggestions on an easier read than project day lilie?

Thanks, Scapper
  18. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Go online and start researching using key words like mycoplasma, germ warfare, etc. You will get a ton of hits. Some of them will be crackpot, wild eyed conspiracy websites. Ignore those and look for ones where they have testimony from experts. There are usually good books listed. You could also use your library to find some books.

Love, Mikie
  19. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Appreciate this info.

Love, Mikie
  20. Scapper

Scapper New Member

Thanks for the info :)