Got my Fibrohugs Cookbook in!!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Starla, Dec 25, 2002.

1. Starla

Starla New Member

I'm so excited. I got my cookbook in the mail. I can't wait to try some new recipes. I don't cook hardly at all anymore because I never feel like spending that much time in the kitchen, but reading it sure gets me in the mood. My dad got me an engineer's desk chair for the kitchen. The seat is 27" high, so I sit right up there at the right heighth to work on things on counter level, and I can push off and roll from stove to sink, to refrigerator. It is a big help in the mornings when my legs ache so bad it hurts to stand long enough to make a pot of coffee. Now I can't wait to get in there and try out some of all of my new FM friends recipes. I'm fairly new to the board, so maybe I can get some of my recipes in volume 2. If you haven't ordered one, you need to get one. Good tried and true recipes, with lots of helpful hints. Happy Holidays to you all.
  2. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

I'm glad you found something to make life easier! I was doing a lot of baking and cooking but had to cut back due to the pain of standing on my feet for long periods of time. Where did you get this cookbook? What types of recipes are in it? I hope you enjoy your new book!

Annette2
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Would like the name of the book too? But most of all would like to know where you get an engineers desk chair that can be used in a kitchen!

That I never thought of, a chair/stool that was confortable with wheels for the kitchen! What a great idea your Dad had!

I do have a kitchen big enough to be able to roll around in, but sure did not think of a chair that was high enough to reach counters/stove! Give your Dad a kiss for this great advice!

Enjoy your new book and chair. Will be waiting to hear from you!

Shalom, Shirl
  4. Starla

Starla New Member

I get an e-mail newsletter from Fibrohugs. They were talking about their first edition cookbook made up of recipes of internet friends with FM. You can order one. We aren't suppose to mention other websites by name I think, but you can probably figure it out. email me at rp1182@txucom.net for info., and my dad went to a used office furniture store for my chair. we were thinking of putting casters on a 23" barstool, but he found this chair. It is the kind of chair that is tall for drafting tables. My dad works in the jail and he said they use them at the booking desk too behind the counter. I didn't go for the stool idea because I thought I would fall off!!! I needed the back for support. It also has a ring footrail around the bottom to rest your feet on. GREAT IDEA.
  5. karen55

karen55 New Member

I just emailed you, but I'm getting an error message. Did you get my email? I'm interested in the cookbook as well, and the chair sounds like a wonderful idea. I hate to cook under the best of circumstances, and one reason is that standing and bending over to do the prep work and then cook hurts! Post back if you didn't get my email and I will try again. Thanks!

Karen
  6. Fibrobeachbum

Fibrobeachbum New Member

I have not looked at all the recipes but can not wait to. If anybody can not reach you thru your email they can email me at jaag@gulftel.com and I will gradly tell them where to go to order them.
    Have a great New Year.
    Ann

[ advertisement ]