Got My Neuro-Psych Results! (Re Divorce)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Hippo, Aug 19, 2003.

1. Hippo

Hippo New Member

The results are in my favor! The doctor says NO WAY am I malingering, and there is definitely something wrong with my brain! I'm off to celebrate being a little crazy and a little stupid! LOL

Hippo
  2. sofy

sofy New Member

Ill drink to that. This is good news for you. Now your hubby can throw all the fuss he wants and you can just drop your jaw and drool. Of course you will need a tight corsett to keep your sides from bursting from the laughter inside. The &$*&# jerk deserved just what he got. The truth!!!!!!!!
  3. klutzo

klutzo New Member

I am so glad for you! It is nice when there is a reason to celebrate brain problems, and having read your previous posts about the ex-hubby, I can see why you are pleased.

I was so depressed when my results showed serious brain damage, I did not speak to anyone for two weeks.

It did help with my next disability review however. After they talked with the Neuropsychologist, they changed me from an every three year review schedule to every ten years.

I hope this will be a big load off your mind.

Klutzo
  4. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Just a little silliness in the title because today is a GREAT day! I am so happy for you Hippo! I've been praying and hoping that things would go your way!

Celebrate the night away.........of course in a moderate, non pain causing way! LOL

Love,

Kim
  5. beckster

beckster New Member

that showed brain damage? Thinking I should get more
    docoumentation, so this would be useful for me. Thanks.
    Beckster
  6. Hippo

Hippo New Member

I really went off the deep end celebrating, I bought 4 pieces of See's candy. LOL

Hippo
  7. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

Wow! That's great! I hope this is the beginning of more good stuff for you! I wish we could all see the look on your ex-to-be's face when he hears about this!!!! Way to go!!!!

Annette2
  8. Fibrosmile

Fibrosmile New Member

HURRAY HIPPO....THIS IS JUST THE START OF GOOD THINGS COMING YOUR WAY......I KNOW THIS IS A BIG WEIGHT OFF YOUR SHOULDERS.....YOUR IN MY PRAYERS........HUGS!!!!!!!............Fibrosmile
    [This Message was Edited on 08/19/2003]
  9. shoshi68

shoshi68 New Member

as it is said, you go girl! bravo to you for your bravery, your courage and the incredible obsticle you overcame.

you should be proud of your battle won!

shoshi

oops -spelling errors[This Message was Edited on 08/20/2003]
  10. klutzo

klutzo New Member

I had Neuropsychological testing, just like Hippo. First you must find a shrink or psychologist who has training in this field. Someone who is qualified to call themselves a Neuropsychologist is best.
    My testing took six hours,and was done over a two day period, with 3 hrs. each day.
    Get a referral from another doctor so your insurance will pay. My insurance paid 80% and I ended up owing $120.
    It was worth all that and more to know I was not some weakling who just couldn't get up and go, but was actually so brain damaged that it was a miracle of will power that I could even get out of bed! I had been doubting myself a lot, and after the tests, I was proud of how far I had come.
    Go for it,
    Klutzo
  11. Hippo

Hippo New Member

I had six hours of testing, too, but I did all of mine in one day. I really didn't feel up to it, but I was concerned about the fact that I might "test" well, and then be debilitated for days or weeks afterward. I thought that if I struggled to get through the six hours all at once, it might show a more realistic picture of how fatigued I really am. And my neuro-psychologist charges $330 an hour and I HAD TO PAY FOR THE WHOLE THING MYSELF. Ugh. Still worth it. Also like Klutzo I feel somewhat validated that I know that I have brain damage and it is not laziness or something similar.

Hippo