Got my test results.....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by CockatooMom, Jul 22, 2006.

1. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

I went to the blood sucker's lab last week and they took 9 tubes of blood out of me! And I was told to "fast." Needless to say I passed out and felt drained the rest of the day.

I was negative for Uric acid, Folate was good, no rheumatoid showing, and the western Blot for Lyme came back negative. Which I know can still be wrong. Afterall, I have 43-49 of the symptoms of Lyme disease.

Epstein Bar virus was there, but not active. So, I guess that means I have or had CFS. I see doc again August 8th.

Other than that I feel horrible. I had to go off my tegratol and lamictal due to a rash. They are trying to get me on another mood stabalizer, but all I want to do is sleep. (I was on lamictal over a year)

I haven't told my hubby yet, but I'm not sure I am going to be able to go back to Nursing school in the fall. I'm really scared about that. I HAVE TO FINISH!

It's taking all I have right now just to type this (energy & concentration).

Love & hugs to all,
    "E"

[This Message was Edited on 07/22/2006]
  2. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Well at least you tried. I find that Trileptal works well for many. Shrinks were all really up on it a few years ago then of a sudden they all went off it, yet patients like it..go figure.

The lacmictal, yes, you cannot mess with it. If you get the rash you must come off it due to that fatal reaction once the rash appears in the mouth.

Ask about the trileptal, it may work better with a very low dose of Risperdal, like 2mg. You also do not need blood tests on it BTW.

Good luck.

Love Anne Cromwell
  3. Crickie

Crickie New Member

CockatooMom ~

I am with you and having one messed up summer....maybe it's the humidity lately. I am having symptoms that are new and freaky... including barely being able to type with my middle finger on the left hand..let alone write. All day I have had noticble swelling from the joint halfway back my hand - and pain...can't imagine taking notes or drawing an injection and am concerned about this.
    I agree with Prickles...sorry something "fixable" didn't show on the labs! I am praying for you....I know I joke a lot, but seriously, I can only imagine what you are going through with med changes. Have faith that there will be improvement!
    AND on that note....I don't care if we have to sit beside each other and hold each others heads up; help each other get out of our seats and wheel our suitcases of books down the hall and launch them down the two flights of stairs; count the number of freaky "tics" going on by the end of class (you know I like to combine my Xanax with coffee in the morning); and for drastic measures - do a presentation about fibro to the class so they can wake the hell up and understand what it is all about! I need you, you need me, and we will get through this together!!! I mean it...I am and will be here for you! Now...no negative thoughts allowed ~
    Hugs to you friend ~
    Chrisi