Got my upper gi results

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Sue50, Oct 21, 2005.

1. Sue50

Sue50 New Member

my DR sent me a form saying my gi results were a hiatal hernia, just wondering if anyone else has one? my form letter says it is not a worrisome condition and she will talk to me at my next appt Nov 10, I am in constant stomach pain, do you think I should wait?

Susie
  2. Txslady

Txslady New Member

I was diagnosed with one a small one last year. It is not significant to resort to surgery.

Shannon
  3. reeny64tang

reeny64tang New Member

Sue,
    I have had acid reflux for 3 years now and on my last test they told me I have a hiatal hernia also. They have told me to lose weight (which is easier said then done) and to limit my lifting and bending (which really does irritate it)and causes a lot of pain. Other than that they are really only treating me for the acid reflux. If the pain is really bad, I would definitely get in sooner than Nov. 10th to the Dr.
    Good luck,
    Reeny
  4. earn

earn New Member

I have had a hiatal hernia for many years, and had it repaired about 15 years ago. I started having severe reflux about 10 weeks ago. I do not have any pain, but it causing very much difficulty swallowing.

I have a friend who has ulcers on her vocal chords, and has had to stop singing at church.

There are some posts on this board--I read this morning --has a lot of good information. I think you will learn a lot from them. Sorry I cannot remember the names of those posting. Take care--I know how difficult this condition can be. Laverne
  5. Sue50

Sue50 New Member

for the replies, I am feeling a little better, I guess the nexium is working. I am eating much smaller meals and it seems to help.