Got results today, I passed my AFAA Certification :)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by satchya, Sep 28, 2009.

1. satchya

satchya New Member

For those of you following my certification saga, I got the results in the mail today from the day long test I took on September 11th. I passed :)!!! I am so relieved, and excited. I really didn't know how it would turn out. I can't believe it still.

Anyway, I am wondering now, do you think there is a market for an exercise class geared exclusively for people with fibro and/or r.a. etc.? Like, an hour long class, but would include a warm up, light cardio, appropriately modified strength training, and then a good stretching section? Do you think people would want to come to a class like that if they knew the teacher also had fibro (i.e., wasn't judging them or wasn't going to keep encouraging them to push themselves harder than they knew their bodies could go?) I'm curious because I think I would like to try to put together a class like that, but don't know if that's something many people would be interested in, because I know a lot of people on this board, for example, are very iffy on the idea of exercise?
  2. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

Just wanted to say congrats!! I know how hard you worked for this and it's a huge accomplishment, esp given that you did it while dealing with fibro....I know that my fitness ctr has classes in the water for people with fibro and they are very popular, so I would think that what you are talking about would be a good idea, as well
  3. isiselixir

isiselixir New Member

I just wanted to drop you a line to say CONGRATULATIONS! That is great news and it's great that you want to help the community. Personally I am not able to exercise aside from walking and I have CFS, not FM but I think your idea is a good idea for those who are able. You might want to make it even broader like reach out to those in need of physical therapy from injuries, etc.
  4. s8vdbygr8ce

s8vdbygr8ce New Member

the only problem is where you are located.
    i want to be the first congratulations.

5. french

french Member

Im so happy that you succeeded in your goal. x
  6. jole

jole Member

Good for you! You persevered and you made it...bless your heart!

I think if you geared your program not only toward people with DDs, but also the elderly, who can't keep up with the strenuous exercises yet want to participate in an exercise class, you would do well. Just advertise it as low-impact, slow paced and you'll do great!

Best wishes to you...........Jole