Got room for one more in here?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kylesmom, Nov 27, 2005.

1. kylesmom

kylesmom New Member

Hi, all. I've been searching for years for a decent message board for CFS. Looks like I finally found it! My name is Melanie, I've been diagnosed CFS for six years. Call it denial, but the diagnosis has never sat well with me and I'm on a constant search for something "real" these doctors will actually treat. I've donated gallons of blood to the cause and have had a few odd things result, but no one puts the picture together as a whole. I know you can all relate. I do have pain every day, but I don't think I actually meet the diagnostic criteria for FM, so I don't say I have that.

Me? I'm in Houston, I'll be turning 35 in a few weeks, and I'm a physical therapist. I am still able to work two days a week, so I do that. I have three kids and a great husband. My doctor has truly tried to help, I just don't think he knows what else to do. There is a FFC clinic here (I've been reading your posts about it), but it's just so expensive. I also saw your encouraging results with the Calcium Pyruvate and hope to give that a try.

Anyway, I'm pretty silly and I like to talk a lot, so let me know if I get on your nerves!
  2. Bambi

Bambi New Member

often reply to CFS posts, but like to welcome new people. I think you will LOVE the board and the people, so much information and someone always willing to listen or help. Some read all the posts like I do and some scan the posts to look for things that interest them about their own illness.

One good thing, among many, is that it isn't just about illness though. There is everything from diet advice to jokes and then some really compelling stories about the struggles and successes and slips in success by those dealing with these
    conditions. We may have to struggle with the powers that be, the doctors and family and friends, but there's no struggle here since everyone understands.

Keep coming back and feel free to chime in at any time, and don't worry about being "chatty". If anyone is obnoxious that way, I am. I'm aloone alot of the time so get it off my mind and chest here. Welcome again!
    Sincerely, Bambi
    Oh, fill our your profile so people can know more about you!!
  3. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

Welcome. I hope you find what you need here. You can be an extreme help to a lot of us. Maybe give us some therapy or exercise tips. We're lucky to have you.
  4. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Hi Melanie! We have room for anyone and everyone. lol I have FMS and a few other things. You can check out my profile by clicking on my name on the left that is in blue and waiting a few seconds for it to load.

You have found a great board with the best people in the world that I have found.

I'm in Chester, Virginia, not far from Colonial Heights and about 20 miles from Richmond.

Right now I'm battling a painful right shoulder that I was dx'd in 1992 as calcific bursitis. It was frozen for about 4 years or so. So now I have that on top of FMS. :(

Hugs,
    Faye
  5. XKathiX

XKathiX New Member

Hi Kylesmom! Welcome to the board. I'm still relatively new and there is ALOT of posting here with alot of good info.

-Kathi
  6. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

I have severe fibro.I don't know too much about cfids except for what i picked up on the board.Anyway,glad you are here.Linda
  7. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

its a very friendly board.
  8. unbalanced

unbalanced New Member

I am also quite new to the boards, just found it on the 23rd! I have learned some pretty good stuff here so far. I am also happy to know that I am not as alone as I thought I was. Enjoy, Good Luck & Welcome!
  9. kylesmom

kylesmom New Member

Thanks so much for the warm welcome! I hope to be around every day, but, as you can imagine I'M TIRED so some days/weeks may be slow.

I'll certainly answer any PT related questions you guys may have, though I know a lot of CFIDS/FM sufferers don't handle exercise well. I won't push it!
  10. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

welcome aboard.. we can always use a good physical therapist...well i am a ssdi retired, 4o year old almost 41 this Xmas regisitered dental assistant, notary, realtor in virginia, not working there living in california....not licensed here, want to be though just need to get healthier again....

jodie
  11. sues1

sues1 New Member

Outside of clicking on to posting persons name on the left side of a posting (to get their profile).......you also can search at the top of each page....enter subject or name of a member (if using name change to Users name instead of title). Not explaining well.....but you will see what I mean.

I have FIBRO/CFIDS...forever well that is not true. Just feels like it.

There are no dumb questions here. We support each other. All contribute in their own ways.

Some ( well I think all), just have the biggest hearts in the world. We have funny, zany,brainy, and all you can think of.
    OT means off topic (nothing to do with illness) and might be a cooking recipe or talk about penguins.....LOL....I gave a fibro friend this site and she emailed me back to ask why where we talking about penguins!!!!!

It was in fun and a great way to vent and laugh and relax a little. Silly? Yes! Wonderful? Yes. So "O.T." lets ones looking for serious medical info know and they can skip that posting. WELCOME! Be yourself! We do!
  12. sues1

sues1 New Member

Since you are new you have missed Stormyskye shake.

She posted it on 11/20/05 just enter Stormyskye in search and also users name and click go...and find what she posted on 11/20 I am going to try it.

I also saw where you can use a mineral supplement instead of molasses.......I do not want the sugar so will try it that way.

Just a thought. I feel that it can not hurt me for sure!

She gives us so much great information. We are lucky to have her!

13. Muddieanne

Muddieanne New Member

Of course there's room for you. We have wonderful,caring, helpful people here.This board gets me through every painful day. I know you will get and give understanding.

Marie
  14. elastigirl

elastigirl New Member

Welcome to the board! I've only been here a few months, but I can tell you that the help I've received on this board has motivated me to make many positive life changes.

I believe if I had not found this board, I would be in a very "blue" state from personal and holiday stress. Instead, I'm feeling good and staying functional.

Silly is good :)! We need to keep our sense of humor. Glad you've decided to join us :).
  15. EgyptStarr

EgyptStarr New Member

And welcome!

My name is Starr, I'm 35, have had CFS since I was 16, and symptoms of Fibro just showed up a little over a year ago. Diagnosed in January or February of this year. You can read ALL about me and my issues in my profile......... THEN you'll see what "talking a lot" is really all about! lol

You will also see something else on my profile; a pic of my babies! My daughter, Aislyn, who was celebrating her 1st birthday when the pic was taken, and my son, Kyler, who was almost 11. Aisie is now 3 and Ky is 13.

So you're Kyle's mom and I'm Kyler's mom! lol

Welcome again!

Hugs!
    Starr
  16. EgyptStarr

EgyptStarr New Member

bumping for Melanie
  17. kylesmom

kylesmom New Member

And thanks again for the welcome. Wow! What great people. I'm a little overwhelmed trying to sift through posts; my brain needs a lot of visual organization, if that makes any sense, or I just get lost. So, I hope you'll be patient while I learn my way around.

I will go back and search the username you suggested; sounds interesting!