GOT SCARED, CALLED DOCTOR.....help!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by KJH_10, Jan 5, 2006.

1. KJH_10

KJH_10 New Member

Hello everyone,

I need some advice or something, About three weeks ago I started having leg pain, started in both legs behind the knees, now it is just in my left leg. They are not swelled or hot, but it aches. Well a couple days after my pain started, I fell on the ice 3 different times(Im clumsy!), and just thought that I pulled something. Well now 3 weeks later Im still in pain, and last night on my way home from work I felt short of breathe. I still feel a little short of breathe today, and I started googling my symptoms, and now thinking along the lines of a blood clot.....maybe I am just starting to scare myself and being more anxious...I dont know. I have just finally called the doctors office and a nurse is going to call me back(the doctors office probably hates me Im there alot, I hate calling them). Need some advice..thanks in advance. I ll update when the nurse calls me back.
  2. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

kjh_10:
    I had a similar situation. I fell on the ice. When I made it into the house my right knee was not right.
    I waited until the doctor's office was open. I told them what happened. They told me to call the rescue squad and go to the E.R.

Well, it turns out that I displaced my right knee. I was in a brace and crutches and PT for six weeks.
    Luckily I healed.

A simple fall on the ice, like you had: how complicated it can become.

Having FM/CFS I was glad to rest on the couch with my brace....
    Hugs,
    NyroFan
  3. kjfms

kjfms Member

I am not trying to be rude-but if you are short of breath and having difficulty breathing-please get someone to take you to an ER. I know this post has been here a few hours, but I had to reply anyway.

I hope you are OK, please let us know-when you feel up to it.

4. matthewson

matthewson New Member

You should probably go to ER if you don't hear from your Dr. Most likely it is anxiety, but you don't want to take a chance that it isn't. The problem with the internet is that we can now look up all our symptoms and it can be pretty scary, but most likely you do not have anything life-threatening.

Do you have some zanax or something else for anxiety? That might help you to feel you are breathing easier. Anxiety is a funny thing, it can make you feel short of breath, give you chest pain, make you feel like you are dying. I know because I have been through all that. I try not to go on the medical websites anymore, as I tend to think I have all kinds of bad problems when it is really just my mind working overtime!

Please keep us updated on how things are going. Sally
  5. KJH_10

KJH_10 New Member

I recieved a call back from the nurse, she took all my symptoms and is going to consult with the doctor, I asked If I should go to the ER, she said if I start feeling worse call back or head to the ER, but she thinks it is not too serious. Once the doctor reviews with the nurse she'll call me back, she said I will probably end up going to the outpatient hospital at least for an x-ray.....I feel a little less anxious now. Thanks for the support!!
  6. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

short of breath, you think you may a blood clot...they can kill you know///so why waste time waiting for a phone call....

maybe you do have anxieity stressing out over of not knowing...

when in doubt go to the er....

jodie
  7. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

..to check for blood clots. They should do it right away as they are never backed up for doppler tests. My leg pains settled into left leg too, got doppler NEXT day. If you are breathless, I would agree with others get med help-better to be safe than sorry.
    Good Luck,Cromwell