got sleep study results...any opinions?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by AquariusGirl, Mar 21, 2007.

1. AquariusGirl

AquariusGirl New Member

Well, my second study (done in Feb) revealed 3% in stage 3 and 0% in stage 4 and very small amount in REM. This is really not much of a change since my 1st study was done in May '06.

I've tried
    -Ambien
    -Klonopin
    -Flexeril
    -Gabitrol
    -Lunesta
    all for sleep since May '06 and they all give me the horrible even more sleepy feeling the whole next day.

Now, gonna try Remeron and if that doesn't work--then Xyrem, at my docs recommendation.

Tried melatonin and it didn't really help and neither did Magnesium before bed.

Any other ideas?
    Thanks.
    Kelli
  2. ETN

ETN New Member

I actually have been on every sleeping pill too and my dr. was comtemplating xyrem for a few months and I was a little hesitant.
    Sooo he thought maybe we could try a dopamine drug.
    Oh my..for the first time in my years I have been sleeping. IT's amazing!
    He started me on Mirapex. It's a parkinson drug that comes in 4 different strengths. I am on the lowest dose.
    So so far so good.

I have heard that a lot of ppl have had good luck with xyrem.
    I do also take melatonin. I take 6mgs of that at night. I also take 5-Htp and that seems to help soon.

good luck
  3. AquariusGirl

AquariusGirl New Member

That is my goal of course--which I believe is obtainable. Many people here have acheived that. I think it will help my CFS tremendously just to wake up feeling rested:)
  4. Shalala

Shalala New Member

but since I have been dx'd with sleep apnea the DR doesn't want me to take it :-( I just got my cpap today so tonight should be interesting.

I have a sample of the Baldwin Sister;s recipie when I just can't sleep. You are probably too young to remember The Walton;s tv show ;-)