Got snow????

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by mollystwin, Dec 16, 2007.

1. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

We are snowed in here today!! We have around 8 inches already and it's still comin down!! My son is so bummed that it's not a school day so he could miss school.

They even cancelled most church services here and everything!

Anyone else have lots of white stuff? It's so pretty outside!!

[This Message was Edited on 12/16/2007]
  2. jens2angels

jens2angels New Member

Got about a foot of the crap last night. Got stuck in my driveway when I pulled in from work this morning. Kids are excited, me, not so much.

I'm over in Battle Creek.
  3. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

It began about 5 p.m. last eve and continued til sometime during the early a.m.

The guy who plows and scoops us out didn/t get here til about 11a.m. A gal from church called and said to stay home from church and the lady pastor also called to say the same thing. Choir director called to say she called off 1:30 cantata rehearsal so................

I don't like snow. Tomorrow morn I have to clean off the cafr which I should have done this afternoon.

So it goes.

4. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

Finally stopped snowing here. There will be school tomorrow!! Life goes on.

The dogs don't like it one bit. The puppy freaked out this morning and wouldn't go potty outside at all!!! Hubby shoveled a spot for them to go in, so it's a bit better now, but we have to give him lots of encouragement!! The older dog is great, but the puppy has never seen snow like this and doens't know what is going on.

The wind finally died down too.

Good luck getting around tomorrow guys!!!
  5. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Got snow.

I guess it could have been worse but the wind made it more difficult to keep the roads cleared.

We may have a white Christmas!

6. sisland

sisland New Member

Wev'e Got Snow too about 4 inches now,,,I love the snow it's the cold and ice that can take a hike!,,,lolo! Cute about the little pup not knowing what to think about snow!

Lucky really likes it now,,,,,,,,,,He runs back and forth and scoops up big mouth fulls ,,,,then shakes his head ,,,,,,,,,Weirdo! we play "Throw the Tennis Ball" alot in the snow and he wipes out alot,,,,,,lolol!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Hope you and your family have a Fun Christmas!,,,,,,Sis
  7. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

We ended up with about 8 to 9 inches total. The side streets are a mess so schools were closed after all. All public schools in metro Detroit are closed!!

Our street is kinda bad. Hubby and son made it out for work, but some are getting stuck. My granddaughters mom and other grandmom got stuck on our street picking her up yesterday.

Think I'll stay in today!!

Everyone have a Merry Christmas!!!
  8. sisland

sisland New Member

Dar,,,Glad your staying in! Hope everyone stays safe!,,,Hugs!,,,,,,Good day to make Cookies No?

E~~Maybe Frank can come over and do the Snowblowing!,,,lolol! just an idea,,,
  9. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

Elaine, you must have been posting the same time as I was! I didnt' see it till now. Please be kind to your mom. I didn't know they needed gas either! LOL.

Yes sis, make some cookies!! Great idea!
  10. therealmadscientist

therealmadscientist New Member

I'm glad that you apologized to your dear mother (I can't imagine how much she has had to put up with in her life:)

Ummmh, I'm surprised that you didn't bring up syphoning gas from one of the cars to the snowblower. Once upon a time, you must have known some kids who were skilled at transfering gasoline.

Principle is fairly simple, but can get a gasoline taste in mouth if done incorrectly. (How do you think we've been geting unlimited gas for the travel bus! Of course, we do it with principle: Only take gas from government vehicles and airplanes)

All those police cars that stopped us, well, they ran out of gas 5 miles from where they stopped us.
    Cheers, Mr Bill

Oh, we got our first winter snow yesterday. A whole 1 inch and half melted already. I have heard that there was about 12 feet of snow about 15 years ago.[This Message was Edited on 12/17/2007]
  11. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Check it out on QVC. Order one of their wind-up snow blowers w/ the big key.

Reminds me of one of my coworkers. Came from a rich family. When she graduated Papa gave her a new Mercedes. One year later the engine was shot. Nobody ever told her cars need maintenance including an oil change now and then.

As for ice and snow and all that kinda stuff, my relatives in Minnesota and Oregon are getting buried. Here in Los Angeles snow is something we see on distant mt peaks when the smog isn't too bad.

One good thing about LA, when I walk indoors, my glasses don't fog up anymore.

Wonder if anybody still shovels walks. When I was a kid I used to get a quarter from the neighbors. Well, that was enuff to got to the movies.

12. sisland

sisland New Member

We used to do the syphoning gas thing when we were kids to get the snowmobiles out on a run!,,,lol,,I had a friend who had a son that was doing the syphoning gas thing and he swallowed it accidently,,,,,,,Had to get his stomach pumped!,,,,,,,,,,,,,Taught him a lesson...

Rock~~must be nice to not have your glasses fog up anymore!lolol,,,,we still shovel walks up this way,,,not for money though,,,,just to get out!
  13. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

Linda and Rockgor- I want to be where you are right now!! I'm so cold!! I have my new sweater slipper boots on right now to keep my toes warm. They are slippers, but high like boots and made out of sweater like knit. So cosy!! Bet you don't need slippers like mine in CA or AZ!

terch, sounds like you got even more than we did. Yep, it's going to get warmer here too and will probly melt before Monday.

Elaine and TRMS- I remember my freind syphoning gas for their mini bikes. Those were the days!!

sis- Did you make some cookies???
  14. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

Due to my husband's health he hired a snow removal service this season. He uses the blower just on the walks and paths.

Today is merely the 18th of December and the plow has cleared our driveway NINE TIMES........
  15. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

That's a lot of snow!!! I love your sign on name. Very cute!!
  16. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

Ever heard of frozen fog???? That is what we have had since ab out r p.m. (6:30 NOW)Still looks like fogh to me. we havwe cantata rehearsal tonight and we have to have it p------it was called off Sun. afternoon! I don't live but a short distaqnce so it won't bother me but I wonder about the country members.
    Oh well!

if I don't get back to you, please have a happy holiday and a vert merry Christmas.

17. sisland

sisland New Member

Guess What! all the snow melted!,,,bummer! but we are supposed to get some on x-mas eve,,,,so that will be good!,,,,,,I've been making Candy and Breads,,,,,Today is the day for the Cookie making! the kids will be here on Sunday night!,,,,I,,better "get R Done",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Hugs! Sis
  18. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

It's kinda warm here today. The snow is melting a bit but we still have a few inches left. We need it all to melt and have a fresh inch or so in order for it to look pretty!!

And guess what? I'm making cookies too! My grandaughter is coming tonight and staying until Monday evening. We are making and decorating sugar cookies tomorrow morning. My hubby is actually doing it too! This has never happened in my family before. Where hubby helped. He'll do anything for that little girl!!!

Hugs to everyone!!