Got some of my test results back

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by k2626, Jun 24, 2008.

1. k2626

k2626 New Member

So no lupus or RA-I have been cleared. I did go to see another dr who did blood work for deficienies, viruses and bone cancer (which those that know me I am SO paranoid I have). He also has referred me to a neuro should the blood work check out.

I am still getting pains in my joints and now they are cracking non stop. I am also getting shooting pains in my legs. I am exhausted and depressed over my dad. I can hardly concentrate now, its weird I just feel totally spaced out. The thing that concerns me most are these pains that seem to move around my body.
  2. msbsgblue

msbsgblue Member

RA does not show up in a lot of people's blood work. I have heard many say that and mine does not.

Get a bone scan for osteoarthritis.
    [This Message was Edited on 06/24/2008]
  3. gapsych

gapsych New Member

A bone scan will also show bone cancer. I would think they would have found something in your liver tests among others if you had bone cancer. But I am not a doctor.

I had a bone scan when I had an elevated liver enzyme. They determined it was from my bones. I had the bone scan and it came out fine. The enzyme finally came down to normal after a few months. They have no idea what caused it.

THe test is painless however it was fascinating seeing my bones on the monitor. I could see several "hot spots" that are arthritis however, I have never had pain in these spots.

I am so sorry about your father. This must be a stressful time for you and your family.

Healing thoughts,

[This Message was Edited on 06/25/2008]
  4. heapsreal

heapsreal New Member

That cracking grating feeling in your joints sounds similar to what i had. My cfs dr said it is a sign of oxidative stress and to take high doses of antioxidants, i took 1000mg of vit e and vit c morning and night and it made a difference. If i stop antiox it returns. Antiox doesnt help with muscle aches etc just the joint grating.
    Hope this helps