got some results of the bloodwork I had done!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by razorqueen, Sep 12, 2005.

1. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

My Dr called me today, as some of my results of my bloodwork came in and needed addressing. I don't have an appointment to see him till Oct 12, as he said it would take 6 wks for some of the tests to come in.
    Anyways, he said that my thyroid was in the "low" normal range, and considering my history with FM and fatigue, he is starting me on a low dose of Levothyroxine(Eltroxin,0.05mg) and that I am anemic, the kind that develops slowly over time. So am now going to be taking Palafer Iron 300mg, starting with 1 to see how my stomach will tolerate and if its ok then 2/day.
    Has anyone used this particular thyroid medication? I have IBS-C, and I sure hope these iron pills don't throw my tummy for a loop!
    Anyone able to give me some input?
    Raz
  2. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

no liver thank you!
    I thought you were supposed to take the iron on and empty stomach? If I could take it with food I am sure that would be better. I guess I will need to increase my magnesium intake even more with this stuff!
    Thanks for your info on Levothyroxine!
  3. jake123

jake123 New Member

I don't know if this is true but I heard that if you cook your food in an iron skillet you benefit by the iron molecules adhering to the food.
  4. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

bumping for more input!