Got SSDI!! Take heart!!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by loonie, Jul 26, 2003.

1. loonie

loonie New Member

Hello fellow SSDI seekers!!

Just got my back check for SSDI-applied in September 2002, after I turned 55.

Still haven't gotten award letter-got password for accessing my benefits amount first, then check for back payments. Kept me thinking until today when the check came.

I have spinal stenosis, degenerative disc disease, osteoarthritis, very little stage 3 and 4 sleep, plus fibro and chronic fatigue.

I did not need a lawyer, nor did I have to go to any SSA doctors. I kept working, but cut my hours back to 20 per week because I was unable to continue full time.

Guess the system works sometimes-plus many prayers helped I am sure.

So, take heart-sometimes it works!!!!!!!!!!!!
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Each of us who gets disability is a victory for us all. I'm very happy for you.

Love, Mikie
  3. zggygirl

zggygirl New Member

Yippee for You!!!!!
    Celebrate, you deserve it. And thanks for letting us know. I think I'll leave this as my last post read for the night being it is on such a good note!
    Ziggy
  4. Sunflowergrl

Sunflowergrl New Member

Loonie,
    Congratulations!!!That's Great News. Thanks for sharing it with us :)

I turned in my paperwork 2 months ago,it sounds like I have a long road ahead of me...
  5. Lau

Lau New Member

So glad this went well for you. Hopefully things will be changing for the better, we are suffering enough.

It is a sore subject for me, becaue SSDI put me through pure he** for 6 years. Two times before the same administration judge - like he was going to change his own ruling! The letters they sent me were very hurtful and filling out those endless forms over and over again was emotionally draining. After years and many tearful letters, I finally went before another judge (without an attorney this time - the two previous did nothing for me) who really listened and actually gave me a chance to speak. I almost didn't qualify anymore because I had been out of work a long time already. I had to agree to "adjust" my disability onset date so that they didn't have to give me a big payment, then I was finaly approved.
    I could probably have fought that and gotten monies that I feel I was due, but there is no fight left in me. I'm just thankful its over.

Sorry I'm ranting and raving, but so glad you all didn't have to go thru this.

Lau
  6. tulip922s

tulip922s New Member

It truly is a nightmare process and at the same time encouraging to hear that you made it through with a favorable decision. Best of luck. Tulip
  7. bitter-sweet

bitter-sweet New Member

One less thing to worry about for you. There is hope.
  8. loonie

loonie New Member

9. adria

adria New Member

I am so happy for you. All I can do is worry and freak out with what I might have to expect.
  10. JP

JP New Member

I am really happy for you!!!

SSD tells me I will be hearing soon. My application included all what you mentioned, plus some additional spine disease listed in their blue book and thyroid disease. I have not worked at all in 20 months. I hope it comes my way too.

Take care and thank you for sharing your happy news...Jan
  11. Jen F

Jen F New Member

It's a victory for all of us with invisible illnesses who are too sick to work, esp those of us who had to fight long and hard for benefits -- that evil process can do us irreparable damage.

Glad you were able to do it on your own. Enjoy paying your bills and debts and hope you can get a few nice treats too!

Jen F