Got test results!! Yikes!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TeresaBnGA, Aug 26, 2002.

1. TeresaBnGA

TeresaBnGA New Member

Hi again everyone!
    Just got the call from the doc about my EMG. My cubital tunnel syndrome is going to need surgery! For anyone that is not familiar, cubital tunnel is when the nerve that runs through your elbow is trapped, like carpal tunnel in your wrist (I have that too!).
    I was just wondering if anyone else had been through this before?

Soft hugs!
    Teresa :)
  2. TeresaBnGA

TeresaBnGA New Member

Hi again everyone!
    Just got the call from the doc about my EMG. My cubital tunnel syndrome is going to need surgery! For anyone that is not familiar, cubital tunnel is when the nerve that runs through your elbow is trapped, like carpal tunnel in your wrist (I have that too!).
    I was just wondering if anyone else had been through this before?

Soft hugs!
  3. kitkat623

kitkat623 New Member

Wishing you the best of luck with your coming surgery. Carpal tunnel is often found in people who suffer from FMS. The other syndrome I'm not familiar with. Perhaps others on the board have more information for you. Just wanted to wish you well. Take care, Kathy
    [This Message was Edited on 08/26/2002]
  4. ggks

ggks New Member

Hey - tell us more about the Active Release Techniques. What do they do? ggks
  5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Explain this technique a little more for the ladies.

Shalom, Shirl
  6. griswoldgirl

griswoldgirl New Member

with knee surgery myself. Good luck-I have know people in my field(radiology) where CT runs rampid and they have recovered well. I wish you luck.

cathy
  7. Dara

Dara New Member

the same as "ulnar nerve entrapment"?. I was diagnosed with both carpul tunnel and ulnar nerve entrapment. In laymen's terms I was told they call it golfer's elbow as it is opposite of tennis elbow. I asked that if they had to do surgery on the carpul tunnel could they also do the ulnar nerve entrapment release surgery at the same time and the doc told me no, they were two separate surgeries. Just curious if these are the same but just different names.

Dara
  8. TeresaBnGA

TeresaBnGA New Member

Yes!
    Dara,
    Yes they are one in the same! I am so glad that I found someone that knows about the elbow thing. Please tell me more!

Soft hugs!!
  9. BethM

BethM New Member

I'll ask my ortho doc (through workers comp, for carpal tunnel and tendinitis) about this. Last visit he said this is about as good as I'll get, but I'm not willing to accept that. Maybe this will help, and maybe I can get them to pay for it! (I can hope and pray...) I'd love to have full use of my hands without the pain included in the deal. And maybe some work on the back and hips, too, for good measure. What a thought.

Is this technique like myofascial release done by massage therapists?

Thank you!
    Beth.
  10. BethM

BethM New Member

I looked at the ART website, and found 3 practitioners within 50 miles of home. The closest one is not an instructor, and of the other two one is an instructor, the other is an assistant instructor. Does this make a difference? They're all chiropractors. I'll do a WHOLE LOT to avoid any more surgeries, believe me!!!!

Beth.
  11. BethM

BethM New Member

You've given me another option to look into. I appreciate that!
    Beth.