Got through the dreaded discogram-thank you all for your prayers!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by PepperGirl52, Mar 3, 2006.

1. PepperGirl52

PepperGirl52 New Member

Had the procedure done on Wednesday morning. It was awful, ugly, and horrid!! Nothing I would ever want to go through again, but you know what?? Not nearly as bad as my mind had made it all out to be!

Being an RN sometimes makes things so much worse. I had to lie on my stomach while they were getting the sterile field ready, and I could hear them in the background asking for the '18 gauge needle', etc!! And I am visualizing how big that baby is, and how much it's gonna hurt being stuck into my spine!! LOL.

Anyway, it went fairly quickly. The disc-L4, is very deteriorated, and he couldn't even inject all the dye into it, so we'll see where we go from here. Too bad that nasty old ALJ jugde wasn't there to hold my hand, eh??? HA!! Too bad he wasn't there to take that needle instead of ME! OK, not nice!

Anyway, thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. I'll keep you updated on what my orthopedic surgeon says. Hopefully, he won't feel the need to take the existing hardware out and redo it all.....we'll see. Hugs. PG
  2. Crispangel66

Crispangel66 New Member

I know what those discograms feel like I was in quite a bit of pain when we left, I had to take two pain pills instead of my regular one and then I started getting muscle spasms so I had to take a muscle relaxer, but I was so nervous I was feeling very nauseous during and after the procedure. I had a herniated disc and a bulging disc and most of my disc are degenerating.

Glad for you it is over.

Pamela
  3. neen85

neen85 New Member

Too bad you could not have had somebody record it complete with close up shots of that huge needle and it going in to play it for the judge....what a jerk! I am glad it is over for you. Daneen
  4. Bambi

Bambi New Member

discomfort and pain but glad it's behind you and over. Daneen may have been kidding but I think it's a wonderful idea to have ALL these tests put onto a video and made into a long running one. It could be kept
    for any Disability applications and for doctors who think we're NUTS! I wish I had a video of experiences I've had over the years with doctors and various therapies and tests!! It could just be a part of your files!
  5. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

post glad you are through it.

Love Anne C

[ advertisement ]